It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

Pocono

Reaction score
Here we go; the first swap of the 2013-14 season.

This one will be streamers. No limits on the type of streamer, other then to say that this is for fresh water species, or species that return to fresh water to spawn.

So, anything from your basic Woolly Bugger to your fully dressed Atlantic Salmon Fly will do just fine; hackled, winged (hair and/or feathers), spun, etc. No size limits, so as small as you want to as large as you want.

We'll kick this one off on October 1st and finish it up, with all flies due in, by November 1st. Limit of 12 tyers, since some streamer patterns are challenging to tie and require more time. Everyone ties up 12 of the same flies, sends them to me and I'll return one each of all the different patterns back to you, plus you'll get your own back so that you'll have a compete set.

It's been awhile since we tied streamers, this should be fun!

1. Ard / Hardyreels - Light Spruce - RECEIVED
2. baseman1 - featherwing - RECEIVED
3. s. fontinalis - Black Ghost - RECEIVED
4. ia trouter - Woolly Bugger - RECEIVED
5. brookfieldangler - Simple Sculpin - RECEIVED
6. gatortransplant - No Name streamer - RECEIVED
7. theboz - Black Beauty Dace - RECEIVED
8. Pocono - Kennebago Smelt - RECEIVED
9. mcnerney - Barr's Slumpbuster - RECEIVED
10. biggie robs - Hot Core Baitfish - RECEIVED
11. chased - Bunny Muddler - RECEIVED
12. mudbug - Bendback streamer - RECEIVED

Pocono

Last edited:

baseman1

Reaction score
I would like to join in and will be doing a fly of my own creation in a size 8. I haven't named it yet as I haven't been able to fish with it but should be a good one. It is a feather winged fly with a stacked teal and pink wing.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
As a one of the forums newest noobs, If you will allow I would like to sign up for a basic Woolly. I'll fancy it up with some quality materials but it will not be a very complex tie. I have only been tying them for about an hour but early returns indicate I can tie something that looks pretty professional and should catch fish. I will make sure they hold up in the water as I won't participate if I can't contribute something worthy.

Pocono

Reaction score
You're in ia trouter! Every streamer swap needs a Woolly Bugger, so that slot's yours. Good luck!

Pocono

Last edited:

Pocono

Reaction score
Welcome brookfieldangler, gatortransplant and theboz!

Hard to believe, but only 5 spots left; ooooops, make that 4 spots; I forgot to sign up.....:eek:

Pocono

jaybo41

Reaction score
I really want to jump in on this one but I am fishing and traveling for a good rip in October, which doesn't give me a whole lot of time to do this. I'm going to think on it and will post back if I'm in. In the mean time, if you have definite commitments from other members, by all means fill it up.