Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  179
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

Default Re: It's time for Swap #1 - Streamers

Chased and mudbug, welcome to the swap and we're full up! Jaybo41, thanks for the interest; there will probably be another swap running by the time that you've got some time freed up to tie.

That was quick; 15 hours; open to closed. I'd say that there are a bunch of members out there who are really ready to get back to swapping flies.

I'll PM each of you my address today, so that you'll have it in your PM file. When you send your flies, either include a return, self-addressed, stamped envelope or a couple of bucks to cover one that I'll generate for you.

I'm heading over to my vise today after breakfast; just to make sure that I have the materials that I need. I should probably know that by dinner time tonight!

Pocono

If You still have room count me in, I've got two days of the season left so you may not hear from me for a couple of days.

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

I didn't see the last post, I guess I'm a few minutes late, I'll catch the next one, thanks anyway guys.
    Tim

An added bonus, the first person to catch a fish with my fly gets to name it.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

4. Likes Pocono, mcnerney, Ard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    I really want to jump in on this one but I am fishing and traveling for a good rip in October, which doesn't give me a whole lot of time to do this. I'm going to think on it and will post back if I'm in. In the mean time, if you have definite commitments from other members, by all means fill it up.
    I'll be gone the entire first half of the month. Just do it
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

D*MN! I miss checking this for one day and I miss out? I am so POed! Especially since it's for pattern I'm half *ssed good at.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Here's a thought. Since this is the first swap of the season, and since two tyers have already expressed interest in joining in (bear 007 and JoJer), but missed out because it filled up so fast. we could run a double swap this time around.

I'll put up a thread on this Fly Swap forum opening up a second round for 12 tyers. If we fill it up, or get close, then I'll run it for all of you who want to swap streamer patterns, but missed the first round. I'd can certainly host them both.

So, look for the "round 2" thread.

Pocono

8. Likes baseman1 liked this post
    Blog Entries

I did pick up a nice Golden Badger saddle the other day so the flies should be pretty nice. Nothing but the best for you guys Incidentally, the Light Spruce has caught me some very nice trout.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

10. Likes bear 007, Pocono, baseman1, mcnerney liked this post

Woolies will be shipping out to Pocono this week. We will call it the Rookie Bugger as it is my first attempt at fly tying. It is a #8 Black body with an olive/black mixed tail. They look pretty good, and better than any wooly I ever bought from a fly shop so I hope you guys like them.

-30 hooks, fortunately tungsten beads can be recycled
    -enough marabou and chenille for 30 woolies
    -2+ hours of watching youtube woolly tie vids
    -one long forum wooly thread here complete with an e-scuffle with calftail (we're fly tyin buds now)
    -ordered a real vise which isn't here yet

2 EZ, I can now tie a pretty wooly in about 5-10 minutes

12. Likes baseman1, Ard liked this post

Good for you, ia!

Sounds like a beginning that I remember well.....

I'll keep an eye out for your Buggers. You'll be first one in on this swap, that's for sure; only 3 weeks ahead of the deadline!

Pocono

I have one done so far but hope to finish them up tonight. Then on to round two's flies. Mine are fairly simple to tie. I will right down the steps tonight and post them tomorrow. Unfortunately my laptop is down (read dead) or I would post a pic.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast