Swap #1 - Streamers - Round Two!

Pocono

Reaction score
Well, the first swap of the season filled up in less than a day, and since we've already had interest in joining in expressed by two forum members who didn't see the post on this swap until it was full, I'm willing to try a "Round Two" for this Streamer Swap, to see if we can get more members into swapping these fun-to-fish patterns.

So, round two is officially open! If we get it filled, or close to it, by the end of this week, then I'll be willing to host both swaps.

Here's the same info that was posted for the first round:

This swap is for streamers. No limits on the type of streamer, other then to say that this is for fresh water species, or species that return to fresh water to spawn.

Anything from your basic Woolly Bugger to your fully dressed Atlantic Salmon Fly will do just fine; hackled, winged (hair and/or feathers), spun, etc. No size limits, so as small as you want to as large as you want.

If it fills, or if we get a good number of tyers signed up, we'll kick this one off on October 5th and finish it up, with all flies due in, by November 5th. Limit of 12 tyers, since some streamer patterns are challenging to tie and require more time. Everyone ties up 12 of the same flies, sends them to me and I'll return one each of all the different patterns back to you, plus you'll get your own back so that you'll have a compete set.

This one will be just as much fun as Round One, so go ahead and sign up for it!

1. bear 007 - Soft Hackle Green Butt - RECEIVED
2. random user - Muddler Minnow - RECEIVED
3. mbchilton - Black Woolly Bugger - RECEIVED
4. ghocevar - Bugger variant - RECEIVED
5. Jimmie - J Fair's Wiggle Tail - RECEIVED
6. Liphookedau - Marabou tailed Royal Coachman - RECEIVED
7. calftail - Algoma streamer - RECEIVED
8. theboz - Bunny Leech streamer - RECEIVED
9. baseman1 - Blue Charm - RECEIVED
10. bear 007 (#2) - Yellow Marabou Special - RECEIVED
11. gr8outdoorz - Rouse's Poodle - RECEIVED
12. s fontinalis - Sweeney Todd - RECEIVED

Pocono

Last edited:

bear 007

Reaction score
Sure count me in, I'm on my way out for the last day of the season, I'll try to catch you guys tonight with a pattern.

Last edited:

random user

Reaction score
< WAH! WAH! WAH! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! >
Missed Round One
< / WAH! WAH! WAH! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! >
, but plug me in for a dozen Muddlers by 1 Nov 13.

Last edited:

Pocono

Reaction score
OK mbchilton, you're in and you've got the woolly bugger slot.

I catch a lot of fish on this fly; have for years. Why Russ Blessing's hellgrammite pattern works so well for so many different species at all times of the year is a question that I'm still looking for the answer to.

Pocono

Pocono

Reaction score
Soft Hackle Green Butt

It really doesn't have a name but they have been working great for me the last couple of weeks.
That is one nice looking tie, Tim!

Pocono

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

If you don't get enough but are close I would be willing to do a second set of streamers this one of the buck tail variety.
Thanks baseman1; I'll sing out if we get towards the end of the week and it hasn't filled up yet. You know that you're more than welcome to be in both swaps. I was kind of thinking that way myself..................;) Can't have too many streamers this time of the year!

Pocono

JoJer

Reaction score
Thanks for responding to my snivel. Count me in, and I'll get back to you here in a day or so with a pattern.

Pocono

Reaction score
Welcome Jimmie and JoJer!

That Wiggle Tail pattern sounds really interesting; I've got to look it up. Is it articulated?

Pocono