2013 Winter Fly Swap #2

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Now that the streamer swap is wrapping up we are ready for the second swap of the 2013 winter season. I'm going to sponsor this swap and taking Buzz's suggestion, "caddis larvae, pupae, flymphs, soft hackles anything buggy" let your imagination go wild!

We'll kick this one off on Nov 15 and finish it up, with all flies due in, by Monday, December 16. Limit of 12 tyers, first come first served!

It's been awhile since we tied some Caddis/Flymphs/Soft Hackles, this should be fun!

Larry

1. ia trouter.....Soft hackle, Partridge and Orange with peacock thorax....Received....Delivered back
2. craigthor....Reverse Soft Hackle (Japanesse Kebari Style).....Received....Delivered back
3. liphookedau.....Grey Caddis Emerger....Received
4. s fontinalis....Iron Blue Dun....Received
5. mudbug.....Peacock and Gold Soft Hackle....Received
6. von behr....Soft hackle.....Received.....Delivered back
7. JP: Soft Hackle....Received
8. theboz: Steel Blue Pupa....Received
9. ghocevar: Soft hackle, Partridge and Orange....Received
10. gr8outdoorz....Silvey's Diving Caddis....Received....Delivered back
11. bear 007....Green Caddis Pupa....Received
12. monkeyboy....Black sheepshead size 14....Received

Ok, the fly swap is full, I'm really looking forward to see that fly patterns that you guys come up with!!!!

Here are the photos of the completed flies: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f...2013-winter-fly-swap-2-photos.html#post626294

Thanks again everyone for participating and putting all that work into some absolutely stunning patterns!

Larry

Last edited:
L

Liphookedau

Larry I'm in would either a Grey or Fawn Caddis Emerger fit in ?
If not I'll pick another Pattern also could you advise whether Size 12,14 or 16 would be best for you Guys to use in The US as I can Tie any of them.
Brian

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Larry I'm in would either a Grey or Fawn Caddis Emerger fit in ?
If not I'll pick another Pattern also could you advise whether Size 12,14 or 16 would be best for you Guys to use in The US as I can Tie any of them.
Brian
Brian: Sounds good, you're in!

Larry

L

Liphookedau

Larry I'll Tie The Grey Caddis Emerger in size 14 the other I'll send for you to try.
They both work well over here.

Also I forgot to add we just had about 1 1/2 -2 inches of Rain here last night which is really good & hopefully the Fires should now be all out as these fires are The Longest Burning Ones in History.
Brian.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Did I say olive Larry? :) I meant Partridge and Orange with peacock thorax.

Didn't have any good quality olive floss on hand. I could order some for two bucks I suppose, but I'd end up ordering feathers, a Buffalo pelt and 500 hooks so I better just tie an orange fly. :)