Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  75
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

If you still have room, count me in. I really like tying deer hair flies, and bass bugs are my favorite, so I'll contribute a couple of bugs: deer hair popper, diver, and/or slider. I'm not familiar with how this works, so somebody has to fill me in.

Tom

Count me in! I'll tie some sort of spun deer hair/rabbit zonker monstrosity.

Hey Tom, heres the deal. You tie one dozen of your chosen pattern and mail them to me. Its best to send your flies in decent container (Altoid tins are popular, but a small deli container works or whatever will keep your flies from being crushed). You also shall include a return envelope that your container will fit it, self addressed and with adequate postage.

Once I receive all the flies, by March 10, I will split them up so that everyone gets one fly from each tyer and mail your new dozen back to you in the container they arrived in.

I participated in a handful before hosting a couple last year. Its a fun wintertime distraction.

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by tpo View Post
    If you still have room, count me in. I really like tying deer hair flies, and bass bugs are my favorite, so I'll contribute a couple of bugs: deer hair popper, diver, and/or slider. I'm not familiar with how this works, so somebody has to fill me in.

Tom
    Pick a pattern and tie 12 of them. Ship to swapmeister with $2 or self paid envelope. Any more questions refer to the original post.

5. Likes dean_mt liked this post

OK, got it. Given that its a dozen flies I'll probably mix in some other patterns, like marabou muddlers, deer hair bluegill, etc. Looking forward to it, I've got some work to do!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Hey Tom, heres the deal. You tie one dozen of your chosen pattern and mail them to me. Its best to send your flies in decent container (Altoid tins are popular, but a small deli container works or whatever will keep your flies from being crushed). You also shall include a return envelope that your container will fit it, self addressed and with adequate postage.

Once I receive all the flies, by March 10, I will split them up so that everyone gets one fly from each tyer and mail your new dozen back to you in the container they arrived in.

I participated in a handful before hosting a couple last year. Its a fun wintertime distraction.

Welcome aboard!

Tom I am sure the swapmaster will clarify but I beleive it will be 12 of all one pattern to ensure everyone gets the same package back
    I think I fish, in part, because it’s an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. –John Gierach

8. Likes itchmesir, dean_mt liked this post

Tom, one of the general rules of all swaps is that each player contributes all of the same fly. As mentioned above the idea is that everyone gets the same set of flies.

I kind of figured that maybe you weren't sure when you offered poppers, that would be a mighty task I imagine.

So if you can decide on one pattern let me know what it is, but if its not what you expected and don't want to commit, no worries.

Yeah, I'll be honest, it takes me a while to tie a deer hair bug, and I'll be gone most of early March, so tying a dozen identical bugs in time is going to be a challenge. If its not breaking the rules, I can contribute a dozen bugs, but they will be mixed divers/poppers (different color combo's mostly) I've accumulated over time. Let me know if that's OK, if not no problem, apologies for jumping in before I know what I'm getting into.

Tom

11. Likes baseman1 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Sweet. I like it Boz John! Do trout eat those?

Yep! Big Lake Brookies love em! As well as Pickeral , Walleye Bass and Peacock Bass. ! Oh and Browns as well!

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

And they are 80% Deer Hair!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

If there is still room I would like to join. Green butt black buck streamer.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast