Winter Streamer Swap 2008

jclampwork88

Reaction score
With the summer coming to a close and the weather turning cold, it is time for another swap. I always find more time during the colder months. Here is what I am proposing for this swap:

Sign-up deadline – October 1st
Tying deadline - December 1st
12-15 tyers depending on response
Any streamer pattern

I am starting this swap for a couple reasons. One, I need to practice tying streamers. I haven’t tied a lot of them. Two, after this swap is over I will be auctioning off a set of flies from this swap and from the “whatever you want swap” and the proceeds will be donated to CFR.

This is a way for people to give back, so if you are interested in participating please sign up.

Swaps are fun and I always learn something new from everyone I participate in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I will be sending final details once people are signed up.

John

Wyatt

Reaction score
Count me in, I'm working on a couple of patterns and will see how they ok and decide what I'll tie for the swap in a couple of weeks.
Wyatt

lilybennett

Reaction score
it looks like there is a lot of responses on this forum. I was on another that just about died because there wasn't any activity.

jclampwork88

Reaction score
I just had another person sign-up for the swap. That makes 6 total.

Come on guys, swaps are fun.

John

jclampwork88

Reaction score
Another is on the list. (7 total so far)

Mcnerney
Lilybennett
Dshort
Wyatt
Jerry McKaughan
Thomas
Jclampwork88

jclampwork88

Reaction score
# 8 and 9 just signed up. I will try to have this go for 15 total so there will be room for everyone who wants to.

If you are interested, please let me know before the chance is gone.

John

jclampwork88

Reaction score
I had a flurry of people that wanted part of the fun last night, so I only have 2 spots left for this swap.

The details of the swap will be going out soon.

John

jclampwork88

Reaction score
The sign-up period is now complete. Here are the details for the swap.

Tying deadline - December 1st
There are 15 tyers total so please send 15 flies
Any streamer pattern

When submitting the set of flies for the swap please include the following:
-Toe tags w/ name of fly and you name (I also include my e-mail address)
-A pre-addressed stamped envelope with enough postage to cover the return trip or enough $ to cover the padded envelope and return postage
-A copy of the recipe so I can link the right fly to the right tyer. (this can be e-mailed to me as well if you would like.)

Address to send flies to:
John Bennett
586 w 2250 n
Clinton, Utah 84015

If you have any questions, you can contact me via e-mail (jcbennett@lifetime.com) or by phone (801-927-7588)

Here are people who signed up
1. Mcnerney
2. Lilybennett
3. Dshort
4. Wyatt
5. Jerry McKaughan
6. Thomas
7. Jared DuBach
8. jim hodson
9. Wes Wada
10. david masson
11. Rene.Zillmann
12. Peter Gramp
13. Chuck
14. chocomoose chocomoose
15. Jclampwork88

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,

John did a super job on the last fly swap and the material swap. A big thanks to you John for your good work.

This last sign up went quick. I see we have a few new participants and I wanted to welcome all of you new members to the NAFFF streamer fly swap. The quality of flies in the previous swaps has been excellent.

If any members in the Streamer Fly Swap have problems getting their flies to John, we understand. We all know that things happen in life and other commitments may preclude someone from fulfilling their commitments to the fly swap. To be fair to John and the other members in the fly swap, every effort should be made to complete your flies and get them to John on time. If after signing up and you find it impossible to get your flies done please let John know in a PM or Email as soon as possible.

Also a couple of thoughts to the many members who have not been in a fly swap but do tye flies. The NAFFF fly swaps are about fun and seeing new patterns. We have had very new fly tiers do a great job and provide good flies that catch fish. We are not looking for exhibition flies. Just think how much help it will be to get 15 new streamers that you can study and fish with. I think fly swaps are a good fly tying learning tool. I hope you all have a great time with the Streamer Swap.

Frank

jclampwork88

Reaction score
Thank you Frank for your thoughts on swaps. I have to second your words about learning from swaps. I have only been tying for a few years but I have learned more since I started doing swaps then I would of just tying by myself and my tying group.

Have fun tying and I can't wait to see what comes in the mail.

John

fyshstykr

Reaction score
John,
I have not been around very much lately, so I just seen this sign up.

Do you have room left for one more? being the colder months I will have time to do this, so if you can fit me in it would be great, if not that's ok too as I will just join the next one.

Wyatt

Reaction score
Hey John
What do think of this Shaggy Leech for this streamer swap and go 16 of um.
Wyatt

Attachments

jclampwork88

Reaction score
I like the shaggy leech.

I don't see why we can't go 16. Fyshstykr, you squiked in

So that is the final # "16"

Lets get tying

John

2PawsRiver

Reaction score
Shucks missed this one.....will watch for the next, though I do tie a pretty mean JJ Special:)