Winter Fly Swap!

Joni

Reaction score
I am so ready for this. We are suppose to get hit with snow this weekend. BUMMER, had a group trip planned for Strawberry on Sunday, but oh well....back to the fly tying.

FLYS FOR WHEN THE SNOW FLIES!

Zebras, brassies, midges, griffith gnats...these are a few of my favorite things.
lets shoot for a dozen on this as I am assuming they are going to be SMALL LOL
Dries or Nymphs don't matter to me, they all have their time and place.
I am thinking my Pheasant Tail Cripple in an 18

Ya'll up to this?

KRD

Reaction score
I can due it, thinking of a griffith gnat either size 18 or 20. Gonna have to get out the magnifying glass for this.

Joni

Reaction score
Thanks....Fish Love Those. Come one .... seven more!

KRD

Reaction score
No deadline as of yet that I am aware of. What are we are, 8 people so far?

Joni

Reaction score
How about november 10th deadline for the ties and till halloween for sign up. Can we tie them in 10 days?
We still need 3 more!

1. Joni
2. Greenwood
3. Krd
4. Frostylemonade
5. Pocono
6. Mcnerney
7. Jclampwork88
8. 2PawsRiver
9. Twospots

2PawsRiver

Reaction score
Well, I don't see any mention of eggs, but most swaps don't include them, though I think they are great......anyhow, I will be tying a PT Nymph, not radically small, maybe in a 14, most likely a 16.:)

Joni

Reaction score
Well, I don't see any mention of eggs, but most swaps don't include them, though I think they are great......anyhow, I will be tying a PT Nymph, not radically small, maybe in a 14, most likely a 16.:)

I would love a productive egg pattern. I have never used eggs, but then again I wasn't real versed on San Juan worms till run off, now I am a BELIEVER!
Not sure I used the right egg patterns and maybe that is why I don't use them.

Pocono

Reaction score
Could we go a little later than the 10th? I'll be travelling most of the next 4 weeks and won't "land" back home until November 5th. How about the 19th?:smile:

Joni

Reaction score
I guess that is short notice. Lets make sign-up cut-off Thanksgiving, or twelve which ever comes first, and deadline for flies to me Dec. 5th.....is that cool?

twospots

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here, but I'd like to join the winter tie if that's okay. Whatever you all want me to tie is fine as well, no preference here. I'm not bad at most patterns, but I usually do not go below size 18, but I can if you want.