Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry Fly Swap?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

Pocono

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm definitely going to post pictures regardless of how we do fishing. This is a little early in the year (it's mainly midges and BWO fishing), but still the Green River below Flaming Gorge Reservoir is a beautiful place. From the dam down stream 7 miles to the Little Hole takeout, this length flows through a 1000 to 2000 foot deep canyon, rimmed with magnificent red walls. The crystalline water is unique even among Rocky mountain streams creating a gigantic, spectacular aquarium for observing fish. They call this section of the river "The Aquarium" because of the ability to see the fish and sight cast to them.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Pocono

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm definitely going to post pictures regardless of how we do fishing. This is a little early in the year (it's mainly midges and BWO fishing), but still the Green River below Flaming Gorge Reservoir is a beautiful place. From the dam down stream 7 miles to the Little Hole takeout, this length flows through a 1000 to 2000 foot deep canyon, rimmed with magnificent red walls. The crystalline water is unique even among Rocky mountain streams creating a gigantic, spectacular aquarium for observing fish. They call this section of the river "The Aquarium" because of the ability to see the fish and sight cast to them.

Larry
    Sounds nice. I've got to get out West. I've only fished Montana's Paradise Valley and I know that there's a lot of great water in the Rockies. I can tell that you're psyched for this trip. I would be, too!

3. Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

mine went out today!

Quote Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
    mine went out today!
    Thanks mrooney, I'll be watching out for them. #16 flying ant - right?

5. Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

yes sir.

rmooney,

Your flies arrived today. I like the white antron wing with the grizzley hackle on the ant pattern; nice effect. Thanks for getting them to me early.

Thanks also for the 3 extra files for BlueDun's Reeling & Healing donation.

7. Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

OK, I got mine off in the mail this morning. I did change from a stim. to a caddis pattern that I do good with, hope ya'all like 'em.
    Bear

8. Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

Tying up those olive humpies over today and tomorrow. Should be in the mail by midweek. Will send along a few flies for Blue Dun as well......good cause.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
    Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"

Quote Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
    OK, I got mine off in the mail this morning. I did change from a stim. to a caddis pattern that I do good with, hope ya'all like 'em.
    Bear
    Bear,

Caddis is one of my favorite patterns. Tomorrow the fly fishing season opens here in PA. So, being that it's early season, I'll be fishing mostly nymphs; but in a dry/dropper configuration. And guess what the dry will be - a #14 elk hair tan caddis! Can't wait to see them!

10. Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
    Bear,

Caddis is one of my favorite patterns. Tomorrow the fly fishing season opens here in PA. So, being that it's early season, I'll be fishing mostly nymphs; but in a dry/dropper configuration. And guess what the dry will be - a #14 elk hair tan caddis! Can't wait to see them!
    Sweet, have a great trip and good luck
    Bear

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast