Dry Fly Swap?

Pocono

Reaction score
With Spring approaching fast (I know, it's been a long winter and in a lot of places in the US it feels far from Spring), does it make sense to have a swap for those flies that will be taking up a big portion of our fly boxes in the coming months? If so, I'd be happy to host a dry fly swap for everyone.

A dozen tyers, a dozen flies; similar to what we've been doing this Winter, but with a Springtime flavor to it. Memorial Day cut-off for all tyers, with a distribution date before June 1st.

I've got a pattern that I've been working on that I'm ready to share; it's a #16 searching pattern that I call "Lady in Red". I'll bet that a lot of you out there have a new (or old) dry fly that you'd be willing to share. Let me know what you think.

arfishinbear

Reaction score
Why not, I only have TWO I am doing and just signed in for Joni's LOL whats one more
Bear

Joni

Reaction score
I am a TYING fool...I am in...Klinkhammers

Pocono

Reaction score
OK, looks like we're off to a good start.

So far, that's:

Bear
Greenwood
Rmooney
Joni - Klinkhammers
me - LiR

7 more to go to get a full swap.

With the stoneflies, mayflies and caddis that will be filling the air in the coming months, the choices for a tie on this swap are pretty close to limitless!

Wyatt

Reaction score
Ok I'm in, not Sure of which bug yet but I've got most of my other projects done so I'll have some time.
Wyatt

Pocono

Reaction score
Thanks Wyatt. Glad to have you in on this one.

Come on - there must be another 6 dry fly tiers out there!

It's 60 degrees today in the Poconos. I can hear something hatching....... maybe Little Black Stones?? Guess where I'm headed this afternoon :smile:

Pocono

Reaction score
OK, mrooney.

That's:

Bear
Greenwood
mrooney - flying ant
Joni - Klinkhammers
Wyatt
Pocono - LiR

We need 6 more. You know that you're going to be fishing alot of dries in the next 4 months. Come on in!

Pocono

Reaction score
Mcnerney and FISHN50, that's great. Welcome to the swap. Let me know what you're going to tie up as soon as you make your decision.

That's 8; there's still room for 4 more!

Pocono

Reaction score
OK, with Aroostookbasser, that makes 9. There's nothing like watching your dry being inhaled by a big trout! Keeps me going. :icon_bigg

Three to go!