Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: How would you like to procede with this fly swap?

Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Let's just cancel and try again later

3 60.00%
  • I would like to take over managing this swap so it goes forward.

2 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Panfish / Bass Fly Swap please read;

The swap has developed a problem so I am leaving this up to those who have signed on as participants. The poll is simple as I can make it, please check off your preference and we'll move forward.

If more than one participant checks option #2 I will draw a name from a cap then contact you via PM to offer assistance.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Default Re: Panfish / Bass Fly Swap please read;

I'm hoping that you guys who are tying for this swap find this post and enter some votes.

It's a 5 day poll and one is already gone. If there are no replies by the time the poll ends I'l consider that no one wishes to go forward with the mailing and swapping...…..

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

3. Default Re: Panfish / Bass Fly Swap please read;

Voted
    Thanks
    Gillage (Rick)

I'm still tying for this, but I don't have the time to manage it, unfortunately. If somebody takes over management, I'm happy to send them along. Or save them for another time!

-Phil

Blog Entries

Here's the latest; [bocianka1] is going to manage the incoming and outgoing flies so be expecting a Private Message from him shortly.

I'm in favor of not letting grass grow beneath my feet before this gets back on track so it's done.

I hope all who said they would tie for the swap will stay the course and pull this off.

Ard

6. Likes ottosmagic13 liked this post
  7. Default Re: Panfish / Bass Fly Swap please read;

I am more than happy organize all of the swapping for this if it takes the load off of some people. Events like this seem to be one of the coolest things about being on a forum like this. I am bummed to have never received flies from the Winter Swap. It was my first attempt at a swap, but at this point it is water under the bridge. Just the act of tying them was enjoyable to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymaltby View Post
    I am more than happy organize all of the swapping for this if it takes the load off of some people. Events like this seem to be one of the coolest things about being on a forum like this. I am bummed to have never received flies from the Winter Swap. It was my first attempt at a swap, but at this point it is water under the bridge. Just the act of tying them was enjoyable to me.
    OMG!

Who was supposed to have ran a "Winter Swap"? I didn't even know there was a Winter Swap. Are you saying you mailed flies out and never got a return package?

I used to keep a close eye on these things because of a train wreck we had in 2011. New rules and all of that but no reads rules and neither Larry or I have been consulted regarding any recent swaps. I only knew of this one after the thread was running and had half a dozen guys signed on...……..
    Last edited by Ard; 01-20-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks for stepping in, Ard. Just waiting for the PM.
    "All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

"winter swap" was also run by iatrouter, I believe most got their flies sent in then one post saying there was some personal emergency "can someone take over?"and radio silence since.

Blog Entries

I've spoken with Dewayne and he assures me he is getting those flies together for mailing Don. I look for things to be settled down soon

12. Thanks ia_trouter thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast