Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobbin

Default Re: Bobbin

Silver Creek, That's a nice storage case and a note describing brand/color/weight could be inserted to the cradle for each bobbin. In the past I bought at local sewing stores or sewing departments of big stores, I have some plastic but mostly metal from long time ago. When I started tying thread came on three or four sizes of spools and none of my spools fit Frank Matarelli's bobbin holder (designed to use with Pearsall's?) and about half fit the Universal Vice bobbin holder I had so the bobbins from the wife's Singer became part my tying tools. Probably before plastic bobbins became common. And that reminds me if you have a machine that uses this type bobbin you can use the sewing machine to do the winding/transfer.

Default Re: Bobbin

Quote Originally Posted by trev View Post
    Probably before plastic bobbins became common. And that reminds me if you have a machine that uses this type bobbin you can use the sewing machine to do the winding/transfer.
    I used the quick and dirty method to wind the thread on the bobbins. Put the eraser end of pencil in a hand held battery powered electric drill, jam the tapered lead end of the pencil into the center hole of the bobbin. Now you have a variable speed bobbin winder.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

3. Likes ratherfish liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12