Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: The 600+ Hooks 2014 Box

Hi Jerry,
    I am new to the vise and will be placing my order next month. I am just hoping that I may make one request. When I make the order, would you be kind enough to label each compartment? I can't wait.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Hey mlob1one,

Out of habit and courtesy to my fellow tiers, I always make sure to include a small piece of card stock with the hook size in each compartment. Even with as much as I tie each day and recognize almost any hook, I still tend to label my personal hook boxes for quick reference, and my own "refresher" course. It helps...

So, I'll be sure to continue my "labeling tradition" with your order, my friend...

Tying 'em well and fish 'em hard...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

4. Likes N/A, mlob1one liked this post
    mridenour Guest

While I love getting the flies Jerry ties, tying my own is getting enjoyable again. I don't have the nimble fingers I had when I was twelve years old tying salmon streamers and tiny dries or crafting poppers from balsa wood but I am getting back to the point my flies don't look like drier lint with a hook stuck inside somewhere.

I have quite a huge selection of hooks I have bought from Jerry and every now and then I binge on putting feathers and thread on them. Still, my tying hours are far less than my fishing hours and those gorgeous flies I get from Jerry go into the water quite often.

Heading up to some Wisconsin salmon water on Sunday and will no doubt be swinging some of Jerry's and my own ties.

Jerry, just want you to know that I appreciate all you have done to make my tying and fishing experience better.

6. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Mike,

Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated... always...

And, it is me who should be thanking you, Larry, John, Paul and a laundry list of my "fishing cronies" here on the forum for having made enriched my life by way of your friendships and just being able to tie you up a fly or two, or for allowing me to tag along and fish vicariously at your sides through your PMs, e-mails and fishing reports. A man couldn't ask for more...

When you get to Wisconsin, Mr. R, set a hook for me and we'll call it good...

Wade safe and fish well, my friend...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

8. Likes eastfly66, N/A liked this post

I received an interesting e-mail this morning from one of "the guys" who got his box of hooks recently, thereby officially making him a member of my
    "Brotherhood of the Angled Fly." Apparently, his hook box came with a count that was north of the listed "600+" by quite a few, and he wondered how much more $$$ he owed me? My answer has long been the same-- nothing!

Guys, as I've always done with my fly boxes, any "extra" hooks are a gift. Nothing more and nothing less, and completely without "strings." The "extras" are just my way of thanking my friends for lending a hand, and my way of celebrating the fact that I'm still vertical and here among you all at this stage of the game...

Simple, direct and to the point, and with no hidden agenda. All I ask is that you enjoy the "extras," and if you know of someone in need of flies/hooks, feel free to send them my way...

Be well, my friends, and tighten a line for me...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

I've made an "executive decision" as of late, one that will help my feeble mind be more productive during the hook-counting process. My fellow tying cronies... don't be surprised if your hook counts generally exceed the 650 mark. Such counts are just easier on my addled brain these days...

Enjoy them all, and show me some of your work, from time to time...

Jerry, aka the still "mending/healing" hairwing530

11. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

In celebration of my wife's progress toward regaining her health and her arrival back within the confines of our "home turf," I'm officially reducing the price on the hook boxes to $45. I'm going to keep the hook counts the same, as well as everything else related to the hook purchases. Call it an early "Christmas" gift, or just my way of giving something back to all of you who so freely gave of your support and your prayers during our recent health issues.

Bless you, one and all, for what you did for me and mine. It was, as they say, priceless...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

13. Likes mlob1one, fyshstykr liked this post
  14. Default Re: The 600+ Hooks 2014 Box

Jerry, just wondering what hook profiles are in these boxes. Cheers Ed

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

You'll likely be getting an order from me next week!

16. Likes fyshstykr, hairwing530 liked this post

coastrider,

I've got a pretty decent assortment of varying profiles. From some of the standard dry-fly hooks via Mustad, Daiichi, Dai-Riki and Tiemco to nymph hooks from the four ranging from the standard to 3XL curved, as in the Dai-Riki 270 or 720. As I build each box to the tier's needs with hand-counts and the like, all you need do is ask...

Hope that helps, my friend. Oh, and I'm still including my patented "surprises" in every box, even at the reduced price. That will never change...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast