Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

Default The 700+ Hooks Box for 2015-2016

Though the title may continue to say things like "600 and 2014," the following address the upcoming tying season for 2015-2016...

With the coming weekend-- aka post-Halloween --the hook cartons officially will be out and I'll be packing "The 700++ Hooks Box for 2015-2016." More hooks, with only a $5 raise over last year to cover box costs and the like on my end. And, yes... I'll still be tying up the "Miracle 100+" fly boxes, the "Streamers 2015," Christmas Special" and salt fly boxes.

The 10-compartment container will include size #8 through sizes #20, with some very unique styles thrown in after the primary mix has been put together. Please note that I'll amend the numbers and sizes within reason and work with any purchaser on building a hook selection that best suits their needs.

Dry-fly hooks will be very prominent, though streamers and nymph hooks will be included as well. And, all of the hook collections will be made up of Daiichi, Mustad and Tiemco hooks-- all first-line quality hooks.

The total counts, as mentioned, will be 700+ hooks, and if you've ever dealt with me before, you know that the "+" sign in the title means "a pile measuring a few hooks north of 700 hooks..." as in closer to or usually exceeding the 750 mark. The price will be $50 which includes USPS Priority Mail delivery to your door.

Paypal works best for me, and my Paypal info can be had via a PM or an e-mail to: jwarrington1@copper.net (hint: my PP info matches the e-mail...)

Oh, and one other thing... If I can still get them, I plan to include some Whiting hackle pieces again this year, clumps of feathers that make great tailing material. Or, if things go as planned, one compartment just might carry a dozen or so flies from the vise. I'll let you guys decide...

Any questions, feel free to drop me a PM. Here's to tight wraps and fine ties in the Fall/Winter to come...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited by hairwing530; 10-29-2015 at 04:04 AM. Reason: updated info...

2. Likes ponycarman, onemississipp, lee_smn liked this post

Default Re: The 600+ Hooks 2014 Box

Looks pretty good Jerry ! but I am getting real comfortable with sending you the money and getting a box of flies already tied and they sure look a lot better than what comes off my vice .

4. Likes N/A, hairwing530 liked this post

eastfly66,

Rest assured, I plan on continuing my tying exploits in the months ahead. And, as long as you keep fishing them hard and need replacements, I'll be more than happy to wrap a bunch of hooks up for you whenever you need a refill...

And, as for the weeks to come? If you know anything about me, then you know that my upcoming date in the surgical suite won't keep me away from the vise for long...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
    Last edited by hairwing530; 09-25-2014 at 04:39 AM.

I guess I am just spoiled now !

I am working on that list for the special order when I have some free time. I am going out tomorrow on a float and will bring a camera along. I figure since you are making my flies we are fishing together , so I will send some pictures over of our trip to keep you entertained while you nurse the bum ankle !

Went out Sunday but the camera was dead , bummer since I landed 5 nice ones on a fine NE river including a 17" + native brown on a Chernobyl ant and another on a bunny leach.

7. Likes siege, hairwing530 liked this post

eastfly66,

And, truth be known, I'd like to keep you "spoiled," in regards to your fly needs. Right now, my only fishing is completely vicarious, in that the guys carrying my boxes in their vests take me along for the ride, so to speak. Then, if I'm really lucky, they'll send a photo or two my way, and swap a little "fish talk..."

So, feel free to send your order whenever you make your final decisions, and I'll get to working on it. While I may be slowed a bit by the gimpy left ankle and the upcoming surgery-- and by "slowed," I'm talking a shade less than 12 hours or so at the vise each day --my doctors know me well enough to realize that I don't "ride the pine" for long...

You keep fishing 'em, and I'll keep tying 'em! Fair enough? And, along the way, I hope to pass along a good deal or two to a few tiers who may be in need of some quality hooks at a solid price...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

As the question has come up a time or two, I also include a size/maker's chart with each box. You'd think that I'd recognize every hook by sight, as I tend to spend one heckuva lot of time with them. The truth is, I still label my own hook boxes, just to make life easier...

Wrap 'em well, my friends, and set a hook for yours truly when you can...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Sounds good Jerry ! I sent the payment over . At the speed I can tie they should last me the rest of my life !!!

11. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

I've just added a wrinkle to the "600+ Hooks" boxes for 2014. Along with the hooks and the box, I'll either include some Whiting tailing clumps or a dozen or so of my own ties in one of the compartments. The choice, my friends, is entirely up to you...

May your dry-fly wings forever stand straight, and your hackle wrap with great ease...

Jerry, the healing hairwing530

And, surprise #2 on this overcast, chilly Saturday afternoon... I'm officially dropping the price for the foreseeable future to $45... If any of you choose to include any more $$$ beyond that sum, that will be your call. By now, you all know why I do my fly and hook boxes, and it's certainly not because they're huge money-makers. But, their sales do allow me to continue the free tying classes for "my kids" each year, and that's my bottom line...

Be well, my friends, and thank you all for giving a damn...

Jerry, aka the healing hairwing530
    Last edited by hairwing530; 12-28-2014 at 01:01 PM.

14. Likes eastfly66, the_pyromaniac liked this post

Thanks Jerry the hooks arrived today ! Very nice assortment and these will keep me busy all winter , actually many winters at the speed I tie !

Great deal and a great cause !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast