Wtb Pearsall's silk and soft hackle materials

bazzer69

Reaction score
I'm looking for several things, the first is Pearsall's Gossamer silks on the old wooden spools, the older the better. Next on my list are any feathers for tying soft hackle flies, specifically Golden Plover, Landrail and Dotterel. But anything will be considered. I will pay a fair price for anything or trade some nice steelhead materials. Oh, I would like to add older short shank hooks to my list in the sizes of 10-18.
If you have anything please pm me.

Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevadanstig

Reaction score
Is this for the US?
Just an FYI, both the Golden Plover and the Dotterel are protected under the MBTA. So selling, trading, buying or possesing those feathers would be illegal.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

bazzer69

Reaction score
Is this for the US?
Just an FYI, both the Golden Plover and the Dotterel are protected under the MBTA. So selling, trading, buying or possesing those feathers would be illegal.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Not if their pre the act. Same for ivory etc

bazzer69

Reaction score
54 dean street for silk. Much better than pearsalls.

54 Dean Street S.n.c.

Thanks for the link. I would like the older silks because they are slightly coarser and look better to me on soft hackles. I have all the easily available materials and I am looking for the older stuff that is no longer wanted!

bazzer69

Reaction score
Got plenty of legal Golden Plover. There have been legal Dotterel on eBay, but to rich for me.
But I’m still after Gossamer on wooden spools. Seems as hard to find as D. B. Cooper!

Robbor

Reaction score
I'm looking for several things, the first is Pearsall's Gossamer silks on the old wooden spools, the older the better. Next on my list are any feathers for tying soft hackle flies, specifically Golden Plover, Landrail and Dotterel. But anything will be considered. I will pay a fair price for anything or trade some nice steelhead materials. Oh, I would like to add older short shank hooks to my list in the sizes of 10-18.
If you have anything please pm me.

Barry

So what's a fair price for pearsalls gossamer wood spools of purple?

bazzer69

Reaction score
Check the sold prices on eBay. I’ve brought nothing as a result of this post. Except the flack about Dotterel, plover etc. I own this materials which are legal and I neither want to sell them or buy any and I’m sorry if I gave the impression of wanting to trade anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro