Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Antelope for sale

Hello, been a long time since i've posted here. I have a fair amount of antelope for sale if there is enough interest. It's a wonderful, high floating material for dry flies, skaters etc. if this thread generates enough interest, we will go from there. It will be cheaply priced and is primo quality. Thx
    Matt

Pm's welcome if you're looking for a whole skin

Default Re: Antelope for sale

Guys, please pm back. I can email or text pics, i can't seem to load more than one here.

Going to try this again.

IMG_3144.jpg

I'm having major issues posting here and can't seem to attach more than one pic. This is the full hide. It has been professionally tanned. The leather is soft, supple and very usable. The hair is in excellent condition. I'd like $50 for the full hide plus actual shipping cost.

Guys, pm's have been responded to in some fashion. After doing a bit of research, i am not 100% sure this is antelope, it very well may be reindeer ! The hide is stamped Helsinki, Finland, so reindeer may fit the bill. I am having the hide identified today by our local zoo and will follow up here. Whatever it is, it's beautiful dry fly hair and the "leather" itself is gorgeous. It's going to be for sale regardless of species i just want to be sure of what this is first. I will update this and follow up on shipping costs to the areas that have been inquired about. Sorry for the delay. Thx
    Matt

Ok folks, i just returned home from the local zoo. Turns out this animal is an arctic reindeer, not an antelope. I've never tied w reindeer but what i can tell you is the hair is very similar to antelope but much, much more dense. Zoo guy said without a doubt this animal came from Finland. Zoo guy also said this particular hide would easily fetch $300. I'm not interested in gouging anyone, so i'm keeping my price firm at $50 plus actual shipping. You guys who have pm'd me about your particular zip codes: i will ship to any of you folks for a shipped price of $65. I'm 100% confident now that someone is going to get a smashing deal. Please respond via pm if you'd like it and i will give you my PP info.

Side note: guys who asked about patches of antelope. I have it, it came from a taxidermist friend. If you'd like a piece of antelope, you can have it for free if you pay shipping. Pm again on that

Going to try to put one more pic up to show scale of hide. Thx much
    Matt

IMG_3011.jpg

Sold sold sold