The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 04-30-2016, 03:12 PM

Location: Currently Westminster, Co. Headed to "West Slope" next few years
losthwy is a jewel in the roughlosthwy is a jewel in the roughlosthwy is a jewel in the roughlosthwy is a jewel in the rough
Default Renzetti Travelar Vise (pedestal base) for sale

Click the image to open in full size.
I have an older style Renzetti Traveler vise for sale. Pedestal base,screw set/not cam, comes with bobbin holder. The base has been "modified"- painted white with large flat magnet glued to top. You can easily remove both if not to your liking. I can text photo.

$90.00 includes shipping

Last edited by losthwy; 04-30-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes bazzer69 liked this post
Old 04-30-2016, 04:19 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Renzetti Travelar Vise (pedestal base) for sale

A larger photo and close up photos of the vise head will help you sell the vise.

Glad you posted the larger photos. Nice job with the magnet. It will keep those hooks from gettign lost.

Somebody should jump on this.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Last edited by silver creek; 04-30-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:43 PM

rcrfc has a spectacular aura aboutrcrfc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Renzetti Travelar Vise (pedestal base) for sale

I'm newer to tying so bare with my ignorance. What is the difference between the older and newer style?

Sent from my XT1063 using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2016, 09:46 PM

losthwy is a jewel in the roughlosthwy is a jewel in the roughlosthwy is a jewel in the roughlosthwy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrfc View Post
I'm newer to tying so bare with my ignorance. What is the difference between the older and newer style?

Sent from my XT1063 using Tapatalk
The only difference I am aware of is the Jaw. The type for sale has the turn screw to tighten it and the newer ones use a cam lever.

Last edited by losthwy; 04-30-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Likes mcnerney liked this post
Old 04-30-2016, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard

Old jaw, new jaw, this is a deal! I'd buy it if I didn't already have the same vise!

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors
Old 05-01-2016, 08:36 AM

rcrfc has a spectacular aura aboutrcrfc has a spectacular aura about

Ill Take it. PM sent.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:32 AM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a DIY way to convert the vise so that it works like the cam version for about $2 and some fancy wood.

Bob Brown published a cheap way to convert a screw Renzetti to a home made "cam" version in Fly Fisherman Magazine. Unfortunately, it is no longer on the FFM web site and a Google search does not bring it up.

Here is Bob Brown's parts list and instructions:

a 2" bolt, 3/16" in diameter
two 3/16" nuts
a scrap of teak, or any other wood, approximately 1" long.
a 3/16" drill bit.
vise grips or a shop vise to hold the fly tying vise tightening nut for drilling

To modify your vise, place the tightening screw in a shop vise and drill the tightening screw with a 3/16" bit. Also center-drill a hole with the same bit through a short length of wood. Run the bolt through the wood and the tightening screw and secure the apparatus by tightening the bolt and nut. For a finished appearance, you may wish to coat the wood with a light coat of epoxy.

You adjust the screw at the tip of the jaws to set the jaw width and tighten the jaw with the lever. The lever arm works like the lever arm on the cam.

Photo below by Bob Brown:

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy
Old 05-01-2016, 09:46 AM

Sold Pending Funds to rcrfc
Old 05-01-2016, 11:26 AM

honyuk96 is a splendid one to beholdhonyuk96 is a splendid one to beholdhonyuk96 is a splendid one to beholdhonyuk96 is a splendid one to beholdhonyuk96 is a splendid one to beholdhonyuk96 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
Here's a DIY way to convert the vise so that it works like the cam version for about $2 and some fancy wood.

Bob Brown published a cheap way to convert a screw Renzetti to a home made "cam" version in Fly Fisherman Magazine. Unfortunately, it is no longer on the FFM web site and a Google search does not bring it up.

Here is Bob Brown's parts list and instructions:

a 2" bolt, 3/16" in diameter
two 3/16" nuts
a scrap of teak, or any other wood, approximately 1" long.
a 3/16" drill bit.
vise grips or a shop vise to hold the fly tying vise tightening nut for drilling

To modify your vise, place the tightening screw in a shop vise and drill the tightening screw with a 3/16" bit. Also center-drill a hole with the same bit through a short length of wood. Run the bolt through the wood and the tightening screw and secure the apparatus by tightening the bolt and nut. For a finished appearance, you may wish to coat the wood with a light coat of epoxy.

You adjust the screw at the tip of the jaws to set the jaw width and tighten the jaw with the lever. The lever arm works like the lever arm on the cam.

Photo below by Bob Brown:

I can certainly appreciate your ingenuity here, but let's be clear. Your modification is nowhere near the way a cam lever operates. Two totally different things. I have this same vise and I bet you could get more leverage w your setup, but it does not operate the same way a cam does.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:02 AM

Sold......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrfc View Post
ill take it. Pm sent.

Last edited by losthwy; 05-02-2016 at 08:18 PM.