Email Blocking

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We are having a problem with certain Email providers blocking member Emails. I have been tracking some of the blocked Emails and three that I have identified are AT&T, BellSouth and SBC. If your Email is provided by the following ISP's you need to contact them and tell them you want to receive Email from fishandfly.com. The Exact Email that is being blocked is frank@fishandfly.com

Part of the problem is the Fish&Fly server in in England and we have members all over the world. Anyone who is not receiving their Email notification about new post to a subscribed thread has a problem with their ISP blocking fishandfly.com. Please give your ISP a call and tell them you don't want Email blocked from fishandfly.com. The Fish&Fly server has filters and anti-virus software. There is no reason for the Email to be blocked. It is the ISP Spam filters that is the problem.

Let me know if you have any luck or feedback. I will add more ISP's as I determine who they are.

1. at&t.net
2. sbcglobal.net
3. bellsouth.net

Frank

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
"G-mail" has a very good spam blocker, and at times ... they're wrong. But very easy to fix at your end. When you're looking at your e-mail main page (on the left) is a column listing number of unread e-mails, spam that's been stopped, etc.

Check the 'spam' one out (Dear God there are a lot of folks who want to sell you 'male enhancement products!:ranting3:)) See one that's not spam, click on it, then click the 'not spam' button. This will transfer it to your regular 'in-box' and the sender won't be blocked again. At least the above works for me.

fae

ant

Reaction score
Another way to fix this that works with most ISP and email services is to add the email address to your contact list. This should then allow the emails through.

I think that it might work with multiple emails, i.e. you add frank@flyandfish.com and it will let that through as well as one from bob@flyandfish.com, but that might depend on your ISP as well. Not 100% on that.

Also, I use Yahoo! for my private email and know for a fact that they let Fish and Fly emails through. So if anyone is thinking of switching, you could look at them.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Some of these actions won't work because the ISP is blocking the Domain and not just individual Emails. We were abel to send a form to the AT&T/Bell ISP and they added fishandfly.com to their network. Now all of those Emails are OK.

Frank