Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  42
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    To pop this back to the top, the 'Mother Boards' numbers were published and they had 3.1 MILLION visitors in 2012. Not bad, not bad at all but we may be growing at a faster rate.

"Fly Fishing tops 3 million visits in 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cb View Post
    Hi Fred

Yes, the excellent sister US/Canada fly fishing site to this one received 1,071,651 visits in 2012 - growing at over 45% year on year!

Colin
    Given the relative newness of the Forum, and the number of others vieing for attention those are excellent statistics."
    Fred: It is pretty impressive for sure, due largely to the great people we have on this site contributing daily.

By the way, what are you doing up at this hour?

I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee getting ready to head out to the gym.

Larry
    Larry

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Fred: It is pretty impressive for sure, due largely to the great people we have on this site contributing daily.

By the way, what are you doing up at this hour?

I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee getting ready to head out to the gym.

Larry
    I ask myself that very question daily. My usual 'up time' is about 0230 PST. If you follow 'International Finance' you (or rather I) have to take into account the 8-9 hour time difference between Western Europe and the UK.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

I ask myself that very question daily. My usual 'up time' is about 0230 PST. If you follow 'International Finance' you (or rather I) have to take into account the 8-9 hour time difference between Western Europe and the UK.

Fred
    Yikees! Now that is an early get up, about the only time i'm up at that hour is when I have trouble sleeping.

Larry
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Yikees! Now that is an early get up, about the only time i'm up at that hour is when I have trouble sleeping.

Larry
    Suspect it started in the late 50's when I worked (lets call it that) on Foss Tugs during the Summer school break. Back story to that was a neighbor was a Captain and his normal run was Puget Sound to as far north as Pt. Barrow (think that last part is right). Anyway, you're 15 (they lied about my age) and I was on the books as a 'Deck Hand.' Real life I was the Cook's Asst. Bridge Crew wanted fresh coffee/sandwich at Zero Dark Thirty it was my butt that got kicked out of a rack.

Soon learned to hit the deck running. Actually I'd have most of it set up before I went face down into a pillow .... I knew what was coming. Later in the CG watch assignments made People groan, 'The Fu$King Dog Watch again??!!' We'd swap and while they were chipping paint I was sound asleep.

Other thing was (then anyway, no idea now) I had exceptionally good 'Night Vision' and an instinct to see 'moving things.' Watch Officer's liked me in the Pilot House. Had a knack for memorizing land masses and spotting moving a light(s) across the 'ink.' I could pick up running lights 5'ish miles away, further if the damned things were appropriately sized (not often). As an example of that, all 'ships' have running light requirements (just running, another for towing, etc., etc.) But even today look at the tiny size they put on 'boats.'

Many of these things aren't much bigger than a silver dollar; HOW STUPID IS THAT?!
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Thumbs up Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Place just keeps getting bigger:

Threads: 173,439, Posts: 413,129, Members: 46,832

Place just keeps getting bigger:

Threads: 173,439, Posts: 413,129, Members: 46,832
    It sure does Fred ! Well on for 1.5 million visits in 2013 :-)

Great forum. Well done moderators!

Cheers

Colin

7. Likes milt spawn liked this post
    Blog Entries

Hello Colin & Everyone else too!

We hit this early this year and I expected as much Already stated are the reasons we continue to grow here and I'm looking forward to the future of this site.

As for all of our posters / contributors, it is you who have made this a great forum!

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

9. Likes milt spawn liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cb View Post
    It sure does Fred ! Well on for 1.5 million visits in 2013 :-)

Great forum. Well done moderators!

Cheers

Colin
    Indeed Colin.

UK 'Mother Board' is also doing quite well; but they have a run on us as to when same was set up (think that's right):

Threads: 208,600, Posts: 1,495,264, Members: 51,744

Several of the threads have hundreds of posts and thousands of views. (Lancy Boys being one.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123