Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

cb

Reaction score
Today this forum will welcome its 1 millionth visitor in 2012. And with over 2,600 new members signing up in 2012 this has been a record year for the forum.

Here at Fish&Fly ‘HQ’ we are not surprised though:– we run several forums and this is the nicest we've ever come across – with excellent, informative and entertaining chat all conducted in a very friendly and respectful atmosphere.

Congratulations to all ! :thmbup:

Colin.

Reactions: Ard

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank You Colin,

I guessed we would hit that mark based on the average daily stats but now with your post I know it's official. Many of the membership here have commented to me either on the forum or privately that they have used many fishing web sites and that they find this to be the best of the bunch.

It's a pleasure to be part of this,

Ard

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done everyone and thanks for your support.

I'd like to echo what Colin said about the quality of our members and of the discussions that take place, but would also like to add our thanks to the local team and in particular Frank, Ard and Larry who continue to make this site what it is.

Onwards to the next million! :thumbup:

Reactions: Ard
L

Liphookedau

A Milestone,it shows how good The Site really is,I'm glad with many others to be part of it.
Brian

L

Liphookedau

stuie 675,of course you can have anything if you pay for it.
Brian.

stuie675

Reaction score
haha yay!!!!

Definitely recommend the Fly Pig rods, just got one and simply AMAZING.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank You Colin,

I guessed we would hit that mark based on the average daily stats but now with your post I know it's official. Many of the membership here have commented to me either on the forum or privately that they have used many fishing web sites and that they find this to be the best of the bunch.

It's a pleasure to be part of this,

Ard
As Ard stated, it is a pleasure to play a small part of all this! I really enjoy the membership we have on this forum the the quality of the discussions and lack of hostility that you see on other forums. Thanks to all that have made this such a great place to hang out and discuss fly fishing and whatever else is on your mind!

Larry

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I really enjoy the membership we have on this forum the the quality of the discussions and lack of hostility that you see on other forums. Thanks to all that have made this such a great place to hang out and discuss fly fishing and whatever else is on your mind!

Larry
Well said. I have in the past used one other forum. They had a completely different attitude. Some of it outright hostile. They also have a fraction of the members. Everytime I have seen trouble start here in the same fashion as the other now personally boycotted site, it came to a swift end here. I used to, despite my boycott, check the other site once in a while because there were a couple of amazing fly tyers on it but they seem to have driven them away so I have no reason to even check now. The funniest part is that they had been gone for months and I was not aware of it. Shows how often I checked. Another member here told me about it.

I also like that it not just us from North America. It has been gaining members from all over the planet. In the last week we have had one from Turkey and one from Italy. Some of my favorite members are not from North America. Like JP. Now if I could just get him to grow a mustache. :D

Congratulations to everyone who helped the site become what it is today. Best forum on the web.

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's a great pleasure and privilege to be a member of this forum:)As Dan stated there are more and more members from all over the world.I went in quite by chance some years ago and I'm still here:)Thanks again for adopting me.:)
Dan...will try to grow a mustache when I retire...just to check if I catch bigger fish:D

theboz

Reaction score
Double what Dan said! Glad to see this forum growing by leaps and bounds. The amount of collective knowledge on here is what makes it the great forum that it is! Many times I find fisherman seek out info from so called pros when the wealth of knowledge coming from the everyday flyman is much more valuable! Some of the info given here has never been published anywhere and it's value cannot be calculated ! Keep it up!

thorsten

Reaction score
Wow, 1 million members - that´s GREAT :worthy::clap::clap::clap: But that forum is so good, that I am sure that there will be around 1 billion members very soon ;)

williamhj

Reaction score
also like to add our thanks to the local team and in particular Frank, Ard and Larry who continue to make this site what it is.
x2. the culture of the forum owes a lot to the administrators and other frequent posters who do a great job setting the tone. I have also experienced the often negative and frequently cliqueish nature of some other forums (not all) and realize the gem this one is. Welcoming, very informative, funny, and encouraging. Thanks to all.

mojo

Reaction score
Wow, 1 million members - that´s GREAT :worthy::clap::clap::clap: But that forum is so good, that I am sure that there will be around 1 billion members very soon ;)
Thorsten, it's 1 million visitors, not members. :teef:

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Well done everyone and thanks for your support.

I'd like to echo what Colin said about the quality of our members and of the discussions that take place, but would also like to add our thanks to the local team and in particular Frank, Ard and Larry who continue to make this site what it is.

Onwards to the next million! :thumbup:
+1 the the above.

Threads: 154,051, Posts: 350,412, Members: 38,424 And close to 4,700 people have been on line in the past 24 hours!:thumbup:

Fred

jaybo41

Reaction score
william's comments are spot on. The culture here is exceptional and that starts from the top down. This is hands down the best fly fishing forum I have ever been part of and perhaps one of the best forums of any subject matter I have found on the net. Thanks to the moderators, membership and administrators for making this all possible. Having said all this, it's no wonder why the forum will hit the 1 million mark.

Congratulations and thanks again.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
To pop this back to the top, the 'Mother Boards' numbers were published and they had 3.1 MILLION visitors in 2012. Not bad, not bad at all but we may be growing at a faster rate.

"Fly Fishing tops 3 million visits in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb View Post
Hi Fred

Yes, the excellent sister US/Canada fly fishing site to this one received 1,071,651 visits in 2012 - growing at over 45% year on year!

Colin
Given the relative newness of the Forum, and the number of others vieing for attention those are excellent statistics."