Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  52
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Profile Like?

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: What's Your Profile Like?

I didn't make my self too clear on my first point (log in name). Use what you wish, but the User CP has a signature line, just plug in you first name at the least.

As to my last point, DD goes right to the issue. The answer to a given question can be very locationally specific. Given the general location (type/size of the water likely to be fished) an answer of a 7wt 10 foot rod may be totally inappropriate for someone whose fishing small streams.

Conversely, chasing Steelhead with a 7' 4wt would not be a good call in the PNW. Could you use either, in either place? Yup, but it would be less than optimal.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I use my login name because it has some tribal meaning for me. I would also like to see a full member profile but will admit that a first I had not completed mine until I wanted to become part of the forum, a member with some validity. I look at empty profiles and see a poster, view a full profile and I see a member in this extended fly-fishing family or club if you wish. I believe being a member here has drawn me closer to many members that I could show up in there driveways and be welcomed.

Rick

3. Likes Ard, milt spawn, theboz, random user, exstoker liked this post

Smile Re: What's Your Profile Like?

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    I use my login name because it has some tribal meaning for me. I would also like to see a full member profile but will admit that a first I had not completed mine until I wanted to become part of the forum, a member with some validity. I look at empty profiles and see a poster, view a full profile and I see a member in this extended fly-fishing family or club if you wish. I believe being a member here has drawn me closer to many members that I could show up in there driveways and be welcomed.

Rick
    Ditto!! Well stated!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Blog Entries

I have a two part riddle in my profile and just a few have responded to it, and only theboz has answered both creckly. milt
    "Thomas Jeff..." Senator Reisman (Sam Shepard) Swordfish

6. Likes caseywise liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
    I have a two part riddle in my profile and just a few have responded to it, and only theboz has answered both creckly. milt
    Its a classic! Things like that give you a little insight into who your dealing with! Haha great fishing riddle!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    My personal 'ditch ' (apparently the word 'bit ch' is a no-no) is people who don't use a real name as long in's. Second is where they're located.
    Cool! I've covered both bases (to some degree) right in my username!

Ard, I'm going to update mine right now.

9. Likes Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

I knew this would happen but I figured I would not get to see it.

This is the counter that records visitors on the profile page; [This page has had 11,111 visits]

Pretty cool, all ones or eleven's depending on how you look at it.

If I could know who tripped the 11,100 and eleventh visit I would send a prize.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post

Rick
    This makes me think about what I have included and haven't included in my profile. I know why I am vague about most stuff. this thread has me thinking though. A site of this nature is only a good as the active member's validity and the validity of their contributions.
    I'm currently out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message, and if you would like to reach me by phone, please hang up now.

12. Likes exstoker liked this post

O.K. Ard,

I decided to play along. Wrote up a bio and posted it. I guess I've gotten to old, because it only would accept half of it.

Nip and tuck, TT

14. Likes fredaevans liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
    O.K. Ard,

I decided to play along. Wrote up a bio and posted it. I guess I've gotten to old, because it only would accept half of it.

Nip and tuck, TT
    I can relate.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by random user View Post
    This makes me think about what I have included and haven't included in my profile. I know why I am vague about most stuff. this thread has me thinking though. A site of this nature is only a good as the active member's validity and the validity of their contributions.
    Much truth to the above. In many ways this Fora is like a British 'Pub.' We talk, we exchange experiences, observations that 'might work for you' - or not.

But the bio info gives me a perspective as does the location info. A question asked, knowing the posters location has kept my fingers off the key board on many occasions. Nothing I could add that would contribute a wit's worth.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast