We Finally Reached 50,000 Members!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been watching the stats but hadn't noticed that just over the past 3 - 4 days we've had over 100 new members sign on :wavetowel That fall surge moved our registered user number to 50, 080.

I believe that we are the largest forum in North America. It's great to be here seeing this happen, let's keep the numbers rising, tell a friend :)

Ard

siege

Reaction score
It's great to see the increase in members. What I don't understand is the huge number of visitors who don't join.

The forum has sonething for anyone who fly fishes.

Seems like standing outside an ice cream store on a hot summers day, watching them give away free ice cream cones, but not going in to get one !

Take the next step, guests. Open the door, come on in, and choose your flavor. It's all good, and it's all free.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
When you think about it, the visitors are joining. little by little they find that in order to access certain aspects of the forums you must be a registered user. We have a huge number of registered users who choose not to post also. That's fine, not everyone is an internet extrovert but one by one people come out onto the various sub forums and make a first post.

Visitors or members, everyone is welcome.

L

Liphookedau

Ard some Good Stats.
A Great achievement in reality a Milestone as 50,000 is a lot of people also it's good to hear we are attracting so many new members who will find it to be a Very Friendly & Helpful place to be.
Thumbs up & hoping for many more members to join as well in The near Future.
Brian

jaybo41

Reaction score
That's a great milestone, congratulations all! I'm not really surprised though. 50,000 members testament as to how well this forum is run and to the quality of membership. This is truly one of the best places on the internet.

Field of Dreams comes to mind: "If you build it, they will come"

gzarboni

Reaction score
Congrats on the 50,000. I am honored to be a part of that number:thumbsup:.I have been a part of other forums, woodworking and woodcarving but i have to say that this one is by far the best one. In the short while that I have been a member I have learned a lot, thanks to the membership. I even got a long distance call from a valued member to help me out with an issue I was having. WOW, That is something that I will not forget. Thanks.

imxer

Reaction score
Ard,

It appears from reading threads, posts etc that many of the new members
are young, the future of the Forum and Fly fishing. A good thing. :):)

Any number of how many "old" members are inactive?

Paul

Last edited:

von behr

Reaction score
This is excellent news and is indicative of the quality of this forum and the people participating in it.

Thanks for sharing this milestone with all of us. :clap:

-VB

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Ard,

It appears from reading threads, posts etc that many of the new members
are young, the future of the Forum and Fly fishing. A good thing. :):)

Any number of how many "old" members are inactive?

Paul
Hi Paul,

Since there is about 5" of snow outside right now I will take tome to see who we still have active. No doubt that the senior 'senior members' are falling into the minority but thanks to guys like you we get the voice of wisdom almost every day. With the arrival of the snow I feel sort of down today, I went fishing yesterday but the creek was high. That should not affect my being able to catch some fish where I was at but by the looks of things they have moved out. I don't know if they all go to the lake or maybe some drop to the tide water but the water had nothing but some very dead silver salmon who had finished their duty.

The stream bed is filled with excavated gravel from the many sockeye & silvers who came in this year. But now the snow is here and winter really begins. I'll take a look at the stats.

runningfish

Reaction score
I wasn't sure to join in early this year or so, but now I am glad that I did.
I learned so much and quicker by starting my own threads and asking questions instead of browsing older threads looking for my topics.
I also learned very quickly that the contents in this forum aren't healthy for the wallet.

imxer

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Since there is about 5" of snow outside right now I will take tome to see who we still have active. No doubt that the senior 'senior members' are falling into the minority but thanks to guys like you we get the voice of wisdom almost every day. With the arrival of the snow I feel sort of down today, I went fishing yesterday but the creek was high. That should not affect my being able to catch some fish where I was at but by the looks of things they have moved out. I don't know if they all go to the lake or maybe some drop to the tide water but the water had nothing but some very dead silver salmon who had finished their duty.

The stream bed is filled with excavated gravel from the many sockeye & silvers who came in this year. But now the snow is here and winter really begins. I'll take a look at the stats.
------------------------------
Hi Ard,

And thanks for your reply. The Forum is "Tonic" for old buzzards like me, helps us keep memories of our fishing days alive.
Hope you have a good Winter up there this year.
Paul

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Summer was great up until the end of August then the rains got serious. June & July were as good as it gets here Paul. I keep talking about some new blog stuff and by weeks end I'll get some pictures and information about the Kings on the pages here.

imxer

Reaction score
Summer was great up until the end of August then the rains got serious. June & July were as good as it gets here Paul. I keep talking about some new blog stuff and by weeks end I'll get some pictures and information about the Kings on the pages here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

Paul

Last edited: