We Are Expanding Our 2 Hand / Spey Forums;

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
If you were to visit the 'Forums' page and scroll down you will find a number of new sub forums being added for discussion of fishing with 2 hand fly rods. I am not an expert caster but do have some personal experiences which I will gladly throw into the mix when they seem appropriate.

Whether you are new to the long rods or a long time user, your input will be helpful.

Ard

jaybo41

Reaction score
That's great Ard! I gave the sub forum a quick look and really like how the topics are broken out. Hopefully this will make some of the topics of conversation easier to navigate for the membership.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the idea Jason and there will be some more changes over the next few days. I would like to take it the way of social groups but with more features and open access of course.

I would love to see some of your Intruders & tubes start showing up in the Fly Tying sub forum :) I may even be moved to do a step by step of the Sculpin patterns to get things off the ground.

jaybo41

Reaction score
I like the idea and will look for the coming changes, they sound interesting! I'll have to post up some of the photos I have taken. I've been meaning to do a SBS for a tube fly, as well. Now if I can find time to sit down and tie some flies I'll be in good shape.:punk:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't let Fred spook you off, we can get you fishing a decent rig under 375.00. That's rod - line - and reel, if you're patient :)

dean_mt

Reaction score
Would this be for switch rodders as well? I know very little about spey and switch but I have an 11' blank hidden in some dark corner of my mess. I intend to build it buy spring.

sent from my tablet...so please excuse the typos, spell check is an amazing thing!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Don't let Fred spook you off, we can get you fishing a decent rig under 375.00. That's rod - line - and reel, if you're patient :)
Well I wouldn't go for the $375.00 save for 'used' equipment. Which 98% of the time is just fine for what we're up to ... fishing, not casting for Glory.

But top end of the 'line' stuff Ard would/might have to agree with my numbers?

runningfish

Reaction score
What a grand idea, I noticed the forum is starting to have more topics about the spey/switch. I am going to be a regular there for sure.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Switch rod discussions welcome of course.

Fred,

Quite right on how the money can slip away but I was just offering that it can be done on a budget if need be. it's a wide open thing the tackle end of it :)

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
What a grand idea, I noticed the forum is starting to have more topics about the spey/switch. I am going to be a regular there for sure.
Only place (web wise) that you may find more 'information' is the SpeyPages web board. But that board is all about 2hander fishing. And like here, all 'Newbies' are treated with great respect .... we've all been there ... some of 'us' still are.:rolleyes:

Shorter 2handers bring a lot to the Party for most fishing situations.

fae

cab

Reaction score
Cab, Cab, Cab .... you have no idea how much money you're about to spend.
:D
Oh, yes, Fred; I'm afraid I do...........

CAB

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Switch rod discussions welcome of course.

Fred,

Quite right on how the money can slip away but I was just offering that it can be done on a budget if need be. it's a wide open thing the tackle end of it :)
Ard (and Fred),

It's not so much the money, the real question is: Do I need that???
For now, I have a Scout to build, so control is possible. For now........

CAB