Possible forum service disruption 7/8/16

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to let you know that we are carrying out some essential maintenance on all our systems currently and you may find the North American Fly Fishing Forum down for maintenance at times on Friday July 8th.

We are busy moving all of our huge websites to a new bigger and faster server but of course this takes up processing power from the already struggling current server. We need to close the forum to stop posts being missed during the final changeover.

We will try and keep this to a minimum but wanted to let you all know in advance.

Thanks

Paul Sharman
Editor

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Mail still works. :wavetowel

Postie brought me my next light 2hander, Meals on Wheeee's Guy at the same time. Three of us in the front room as I opened "The Box." Match up reel, lines, back yard flicks from all .....

Your mail delivery will be late, Postie and I will be on the Rogue River tomorrow as he learns how to 'flick a fly' on a light 2hander. 'Can I bring my Dog?'

fae

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I thought I'd better give you all a heads up into the current status of this.

Our tech bod here in the UK has been locked in a dark cellar where he continues to bash his head against a brick wall currently. The size of our databases, not just this one but our several UK ones too, means moving them from the old server to the new one has been a major problem in terms of causing all sorts of issues with the buffering of data.

He has managed to move two of the databases so far (not this one) but run into problems with the front end of the system that my fellow editor and I use to add news stories, etc. This needs to be fixed before moving on to all the other systems obviously and he thinks he has found a solution now but needs to test it further.

Sorry this is taking so long but it is one of those tasks that is very unforgiving and we want to avoid any potential for user issues or unnecessary downtime wherever possible.

More news from the front line as I get it! Thanks for your patience.

Paul Sharman
Editor-in-Chief
Fish and Fly Ltd

cb

Reaction score
We have moved to a new server! Please report any teething troubles you may find. It may take a little while to perfect - (a bit like my Spey casting) - but it is difficult to say.

Hopefully faster and more reliable service now.

Apologies for the disruption.

best wishes

Colin

eastfly66

Reaction score
Hi Colin

It may have already been resolved but I noted that email notifications on PM received were not being issued.

Thanks
Paul

cb

Reaction score
Yes, hopefully sorted ! Let me know if it isn't. Thanks

I have also added iphone/mobile theme for mobile users (select from drop down on bottom left of the forum). It's a bit raw but does the job for small screens. I'm a big screen man myself!

Cheers

Colin