Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Photobucket starts to charge!

It seems - out of the blue - Photobucket has stopped the ability to share images into forums. (it's a bit hit and miss at the moment).

They want to charge $400 per year for the pleasure. This does affect old posts as the image may not now be showing at all.

I suggest you make sure you download all your photobucket images just in case the company does anything even more stupid!

Google Photos and flickr are alternatives I believe.

2. Likes benpuls98 liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Photobucket starts to charge!

FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS????

I can't think of a picture I've taken that's worth that kind of money. ...... Well a few I've taken shouldn't be posted up on an open board.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

4. Likes timmah, dennyk, ejsell, kentuckysteve, myt1 liked this post

Yup...

Posted using Imgur

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

6. Likes fredaevans liked this post

.... the fine print
    Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
    Read more: Terms | Photobucket

A copy and paste photo... just like I always do

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart

I just looked at the Photobucket Usage rules. All the free accounts, and most of the paid ones, don't allow posting Photobucket images to forums like this.

Obviously, they haven't been enforcing that rule. Every image of mine that's in this forum is on Photobucket.

Will they start enforcing their rules? Don't know. I hope not. It would be a giant pain for me. Even if I moved the images elsewhere, if I wanted to have them display in this forum, I'd have to edit each post with the new photo location. On the other hand, who looks at two-year-old posts anyway?

I'm guessing Photobucket assumes that many people will just subscribe to the $399 service rather than go the the trouble I just mentioned.

We'll see.
    Today is always the first day of the rest of your life.
    Use it wisely.

Paul

9. Likes kentuckysteve, fredaevans liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by plecain View Post
    I just looked at the Photobucket Usage rules. All the free accounts, and most of the paid ones, don't allow posting Photobucket images to forums like this.

Obviously, they haven't been enforcing that rule. Every image of mine that's in this forum is on Photobucket.

Will they start enforcing their rules? Don't know. I hope not. It would be a giant pain for me. Even if I moved the images elsewhere, if I wanted to have them display in this forum, I'd have to edit each post with the new photo location. On the other hand, who looks at two-year-old posts anyway?

I'm guessing Photobucket assumes that many people will just subscribe to the $399 service rather than go the the trouble I just mentioned.

We'll see.
    Don't worry, they will be getting around to you ( and the rest of the folks who have been using their services for free) REAL SOON

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...+party+hosting

...and if you check their comments page, most are outraged at PB doing this W/O prior warning...

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

All the photos i post are from PB also.I do have a folder on my computer named PB Posts that i save photos in before i post them to PB so i don't have to worry about downloading them all but it sucks that all the pics will be missing from my post's now.
    If we start using another host like imgur or flickr,there is no guarantee that they will not eventually do the same.

PB just changed this policy 2 days ago so this was not their policy when we first joined the site.They waited until everyone had hundreds of photos posted from their site then decided to change the policy.
    Sort of like the hackers we are seeing on the news holding peoples files for ransom.The difference is we are not locked out,we just can't use the files unless we pay their price.
    Don't know who's bright idea this was but sure is pretty crappy on their part.

I am going to wait and see where this goes before i delete my account.Hopefully they will get enough feedback to cause them to reverse their policy changes.
    Last edited by kentuckysteve; 06-30-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    -Steve

12. Likes spiderdog62 liked this post

Thankfully I didn't have very many photos stored on Photobucket. It was kind of lame that there was no warning this was coming.

I started an Imgur account and started re-loading some of the photos I've posted here.

There's also the option of using the albums section on this site. I use it sometimes, you just can't see the photos attached to posts unless you are logged on.

Blog Entries

Flicker check
    P4170042 by James Landis, on Flickr

It works....
    Ultimately, it's not catching fish that satisfies, but knowing how.

Bigfly

Snapfish test
    it works, but they make it difficult

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.” --- Horace Kephart

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast