The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 07-26-2017, 10:53 PM

don_p has much to be proud ofdon_p has much to be proud ofdon_p has much to be proud ofdon_p has much to be proud ofdon_p has much to be proud ofdon_p has much to be proud ofdon_p has much to be proud ofdon_p has much to be proud of
Default Re: Photobucket starts to charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
What happens when Flickr, Imgur, et al, start charging and go the Photobucket route?
I'm not opposed to paying for the privilege and probably would have stayed with photobucket for the convenience of not having to move/reload a butt load of pictures, had they been more reasonable with the cost. But $400 a year just to host 100 - 200 photos! I don't think so.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Bigfly, mcnerney liked this post
Old 09-03-2017, 03:54 PM

stenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond repute

Another test using Facebook...

Click the image to open in full size.

Does anyone else see a Koke head?

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 4 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes eastfly66, ezduzit, mcnerney, GrtLksMarlin liked this post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:50 AM

GrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeGrtLksMarlin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Another test using Facebook...Does anyone else see a Koke head?
I don't know who Koke is, but if that is the name of the gal in that photo she is stunning. I'd suggest though that you crop and repost the photo. The admins have become upset in the past with gals in bikinis, I'm not sure how they'll respond to that topless photo however.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes stenacron liked this post
Old 09-07-2017, 11:56 AM

smp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Another test using Facebook...

Does anyone else see a Koke head?
Can you enlighten us on how to post pictures via Facebook?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:38 PM

stenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp005 View Post

Can you enlighten us on how to post pictures via Facebook?
After you have a picture uploaded to your account:
-1) click on it... when it displays, ghost over it with your mouse to reveal your various options (actions).
-2) Look for Options (lower right on my FB) and click on it.
-3) Select Get Link from the menu that appears.
-4) Copy and paste the link into you reply here on NAFFF using the image button.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mcnerney, GrtLksMarlin liked this post
Old 09-07-2017, 04:50 PM

smp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the rough

Nice!!

Thanks!!!
Old 09-17-2017, 01:10 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I've long been a member of Photobucket and a paying one for the past several years, but not much longer. I don't even mind paying for image hosting, but that should be included with services for a reasonable cost. So long Photobucket.

Google Photos it is. A little clunky to get working but...

Here is a helpful link I found that walks you though the process.

How to get a direct link to an image (of a specific size) - Photos Resources

I clicked on the Add Image icon on our forum. Once I copied the address of the photo, I added -temp.jpg to the address and it then appeared here.

Last edited by jaybo41; 09-17-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mcnerney liked this post
Old 09-17-2017, 09:39 PM

audax is just really niceaudax is just really niceaudax is just really niceaudax is just really niceaudax is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
<snip>....
I clicked on the Add Image icon on our forum. Once I copied the address of the photo, I added -temp.jpg to the address and it then appeared here.
I don't seen an image.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:41 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
I've long been a member of Photobucket and a paying one for the past several years, but not much longer. I don't even mind paying for image hosting, but that should be included with services for a reasonable cost. So long Photobucket.

Google Photos it is. A little clunky to get working but...

Here is a helpful link I found that walks you though the process.

How to get a direct link to an image (of a specific size) - Photos Resources

Jay and anyone wanting to use Google Photos, the following steps were figured out by One Mississippi about a year ago or so.

Click on your photo > click the share icon at top (three dots connected by two lines) and then "Get Link" > copy the link > open a new tab and paste the link > click on the image to open full size > right click and Copy Image Address. Use this address to paste into the "inset image" window at this site.

It's about four too many clicks, but it works. And if you already use Google, all of your photos are there. So it's easier than going back and forth to another hosting site, which is why I never used PB or any of the others.

Good luck.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:48 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, let's try this again. I can actually see a photo in my previous post.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_M...SeFM=w883-h662

All that produced was a link to the picture? I'm either doing something wrong or I need to find a new image hosting site.