How many fish fourums do you visit?

Bigfly

Reaction score
I.d have to say this is the best site I frequent. Friendly and informative!
The question is how many troll other sites too. How many sites?

flytyer_neal

Reaction score
I used to belong to another site, that covered all fishing in western colorado, but it became too political.......and had a beef with fly fisherman.....so glad I found this site....for friendship and learning.....I have seen some really great flies here, almost ashamed to post any due to my novice ability...but I will

Rip Tide

Reaction score
this one is my favorite, :D but I belong to a few

one of the other large 'national' boards
a local fly forum
my club has a forum
two saltwater fly boards
the fiberglass forum
a saltwater kayak fishing forum
and a few others that I rarely visit anymore

There's a couple of hiking boards also where there's some interest in fly fishing

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Same here, this is my favorite site, mainly because the people are so friendly and willing to share information. Some of the other sites have too much bickering for me.

Larry

axle27

Reaction score
4 minimally.

The Drake
NAFFF
SEFFF
Bandito Fly fishing
Sniff around the Blue Ridge Fly Fishing Forum, but not often.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
This one and a spey rod forum. The spey forum has a bunch of political kooks that have annoyed me to the point where I just look at the flies posted and leave. Mostly just one guys flies. They are amazing. This is the best site. There is a site linked to this one for spey rods I may visit.

fish_gypsy

Reaction score
I guess three other fly-fishing themed boards, aside from this one:

The Drake
OzarkAnglers.com
Rivermallies

Sometimes I'm on the Fly Fisherman board, but I've sort of fallen off that wagon.

flatslandercp

Reaction score
Other fly fishing fora:

Itinerant Angler
Warmfly
Free State Fly Fishers (a great club about an hour down the road)
and this one, of course

sometimes look in on the fly fishing section of the Carp Angler's Group, and the East Cape Canoes forum

Non-fishing sites:

Northern Brewer (home beer brewing) forum
Hi-Point Pistols forum (relatively new Hi-Point .40 cal owner)

Craig

jimw

Reaction score
I visit this one and 2 local saltwater forums. This forum is kinda limited with the amout of saltwater fly guys, but the ones that are here are top notch. My trout fishing is very limited but i have been to western Md. and caught a few nice trout. I have received some great feedback from every question i have asked here. I think the mods and admin here are awesome and really go above and beyond to keep things running smoothly.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This is my home forum, I have (in the past) registered on two others but found the membership's less than accommodating and as Dan has said before me, rather political and perhaps a bit snooty. I have no use for 'snooty' and I have not ever logged on to them again.

I joined this group in the spirit of curiosity and found people here that I am looking forward to meeting one day. The exchange of intellect and opinion on this forum is always polite and congenial and that is a rarity in these times. I look forward to visiting the site as part of my social life.

Ard

webrx

Reaction score
I am registered on 3. This is my home forum and my most active, i read posts on the others, and have done 1 fly swap on one of them. I do post occasionally on a local forum, mostly because an aquaintance of mine frequents that one. It is mostly younger folks, and a lot of the "fishing" tends to be backwoods hiking, which I am getting too old to do. But it is local, so I check it out occasionally.

As I said, this is my home forum, I like Ard, have no patience for the peyton place antics of some of the other forums. So, this is where I am, and hopefully I don't ruffle many feathers here or I am not sure what I would do with myself when I can't fish and am not at work.

Dave

Reactions: Ard

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
as Dan has said before me, rather political and perhaps a bit snooty. I have no use for 'snooty' and I have not ever logged on to them again.

Ard
There was a guy who wrote article for fly magazines named William G. Tappley, who unfortunately passed away recently. He wrote an article a while back where a talked about a guy who asked him how to get started in fly fishing. Tappley replied "Are you sure you want to be a fly fisherman? We're horrible snobs you know." I thought it was funny. Unfortunately, it is also true in some cases. There is a forum where where the politics and snooty nonsense has kind of turned me off on it. There are a couple of amazing tyers on it, and I check their posts, but other than that they could shut down and not hurt my feelings at all. It may be the same site Ard is talking about. Sounds like it anyway.

Reactions: Ard

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
This is my main forum, as was mentioned in an earlier post; the people here are great. The other forums I visit once in awhile to mainly see what's going on in my area...

Dan

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I seldom visit a french flyfishing forum,but the NAFFF is far more friendly and I've met great people here;)I was lucky to visit it a few months ago and really enjoy it:thumbsup:Thanks to all for adopting me:thumbsup:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
JP,

Having you here has been good for business, I understand the NAFF had to hire a moderator just to watch your naughty posting. ;)

Jackster

Reaction score
I had a bunch of them I wasted my time on and and lately boiled it down to about five I regularly visit.
This is one of the better ones for sure.
It's too bad but two of the forums I was enjoyed visiting made some huge and terrible decisions... one which was a VERY good gear board was handed over to two non-fly fishers and it went downhill quick.
The other, a once great southern board was bought by a guy who let ego get in the way of common sense and banned most anyone who he felt knew more than him, who was older than him or who didn't bow at the feet of czech nymping competitions in which HE could change the rules to better his position.
Rant over... Merry Christmas and thanks for being here! :thumbsup:

kelkay

Reaction score
I visit about four forums regularly. I check out fly tying forums mostly.