Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you use Waders or rough it?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use Waders

61 29.61%
  • I rough it

28 13.59%
  • Depends

117 56.80%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Waders vs. Shorts

Default Re: Waders vs. Shorts

It's waders here for this guy too.

Between the thorn bushes, nettles, poison ivy, and the god forsaken wild parsnip, you hardly have a choice. In fact, even on hot days I am forced to wear a long sleeve shirt just to keep from rubbing up against the parsnip.

I do both depending on weather, but all else being equal, I'd wet wade. I prefer to have the freedom and love feeling the stream. I can tolerate cold pretty well so I'll fish some cold mountain water wet wading. However, if it was ice yesterday or I can see my breath, I'm putting on some waders.

As previously mentioned I wouldn't fish AK without them,also I wear Waders if Fishing in Lakes where the water is cold as it is usually late evenings & night time.
    When I fish our local rivers,Creeks & Streams I mainly just wear Jeans & Boots or Rubber Boots if I'm fishing in a Snake enviroment.
    If I'm fishing cleared Gravel areas I will wear shorts & if it's hot sometimes I will go Swimming.
    I remember many years ago Wading & Fishing when a large Tiger Snake went down the current between my Legs,later a friend asked if I saw it as my father was walking along a track above & frightened it into the water.
    Many times since I've also encountered them,I've also fished among Crocodiles & Bears.
    Brian

I always rough it. A t-shirt, shorts, and a lanyard and I'm good to go. I always travel light.

5. Default Re: Waders vs. Shorts

You are tough...... rocks and my feet don't mix

Blog Entries

I wear waders most of the time, always on stillwaters, but once the water temps come up in the late summer I wet wade.

Larry
    Larry

7. Default Re: Waders vs. Shorts

I always feel like I'm one-upping nature when it's 34 degrees outside and I'm standing in the middle of a glacial river. It's an amazing feeling, but still doesn't compare to really being "in" the water. Gotta say, I'm a shorts man myself.

8. Default Re: Waders vs. Shorts

Depends on the weather and water temp.

Waders for me.

Virginia, along the Appomattox and James.

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    I do both depending on weather, but all else being equal, I'd wet wade. I prefer to have the freedom and love feeling the stream. I can tolerate cold pretty well so I'll fish some cold mountain water wet wading. However, if it was ice yesterday or I can see my breath, I'm putting on some waders.
    I too enjoy feeling the water. The cold doesn't really bother me (as soon as everything goes numb). Being most of my fishing is done in rapids, always been afraid of them filling up and dragging me under.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast