Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: How often do you go fishing?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - 2 days or evenings per week

10 25.00%
  • 2 - 4 days or evenings per week

12 30.00%
  • 5 - 7 days or evenings, I am hopelessly hooked on this

3 7.50%
  • Weekends usually, it's a pretty long drive to where I fish

0 0%
  • No regular outings, I go whenever I can

12 30.00%
  • I fish when I can but plan my vacations around a fishing trip

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Blog Entries

Default Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Just a look at the frequency for outings to streams, rivers, lakes and ponds from this membership. It will be hard to have enough categories because sometimes there is no rule for frequency. Flooding, drought, and all sorts of weather not to mention personal obligations can affect the difference between what you want to do and what you end up doing. For this situation I have the 'whenever I can' choice.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

2. Default Re: Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Hi Ard,

I live alongside my local river; and within 20 minutes, I can be fishing the tributaries and small streams that flow in to the main stem; which is where I do most of my fishing here in the UK.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Hi,

I just sent a PM to you, hadn't yet seen this post. If I'm remembering correctly you're the man behind the Chalk Stream threads with all the graylings............. Love those spring creeks.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

4. Default Re: Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Hi Ard,

It's an obsession of mine "Fishing Small Streams" and "Being As One With Mother Nature" I have made a visit here many times; and always enjoyed reading the threads - posts and comments on here! Seems like a wonderful community.

Blog Entries

i like to go as often as possible. lots of options within a reasonable driving distance of where i live. if nothing else, ill stop by our local pond for some panfish action. when on vacation in alaska its every day. well unless im halibut fishing

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

Just voted...usually once or twice a week....I'm lucky I can flyfish twelwe months a year here

There was a time when I fished 4-5 days a week, in season, for better than 10 years straight. (trout bum )
    But I can't get away with that now.

I go when I can and I take "fishing only" vacations
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

One or two days a week for me and doesn't matter if they are generating, raining or snowing. Only been fly fishing since January so it's all new to me and besides, catching is only a small part of this sport to me.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

9. Default Re: Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Haven't been in ages.

I spent the past two decades fishing all week and then sneaking out sometimes on weekends. My job drove that. It was either fly fish or become a drunk driving, divorced lounge-lizard.
    Now that I'm not working it's sad to say that my fishing days have slowed way down.
    I'll still get my licks in but it's no longer on the corporate dime. That changes things big time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast