Aztec Angler's Live Person

Is Aztec Angler's Live Person a Good Thing?

• I like it. It helps the site.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I don't like it. It hurts the site.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Fish Bones

Reaction score
[img2="left"]http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/attachments/f92/285d1180568288t-liveperson.jpg[/img2]Is Aztec Angler's Live Person a Good Thing?

Aztec Anglers is conducting a simple poll regarding its website. Recently, they installed a “live person” on the home page. He’s a real person who speaks about the Aztec Anglers and the San Juan River. The true benefit of this live person is still somewhat unknown. Some folks seem to like it while others are turned off by a talking website.

So, please go to www.AztecAnglers.com and look at the home page for a minute or two. View it as if you’re there for the first time and considering hiring a guide for the San Juan River. Does the live person make you feel positive, negative or indifferent about Aztec Anglers?

Let us know what you think. Please place your vote on the poll and post your feelings about the live person marketing approach.

Attachments

BigCliff

Reaction score
I think its definitely something to be kept on the site. It sets your site apart from others (until the fad truly hits) and gives information you want known without requiring the customer to click anywhere.

One alteration I would make is to make the intro spiel a bit shorter and follow it with something like "click on my hat/wherever to learn more", and then let the rest of the spiel carry on, after thanking them for the click. I make this recommendation because it will get viewed many times by folks in an office or cube farm, and a 2-4 sentence spiel will be less interruptive/conspicuous than a longer one.

(don't worry, headphones save the prepared from trouble)

STARMedic

Reaction score
If I was viewing it for the first time I would definitely have been impressed and want to know more or talk with someone reagrding the trips and logistics. It gives a much livlier feeling to the whole site experience.

Bruce

tightlines57

Reaction score
Good idea, with all the sites on the net you need something to attract new members.

trout champ

Reaction score
I really like it. I'm still learning about fly fishing and having someone to talk to is definatley a plus - as long as he knows what's going on.

Fly2Fish

Reaction score
One alteration I would make is to make the intro spiel a bit shorter and follow it with something like "click on my hat/wherever to learn more", and then let the rest of the spiel carry on, after thanking them for the click. I make this recommendation because it will get viewed many times by folks in an office or cube farm, and a 2-4 sentence spiel will be less interruptive/conspicuous than a longer one.QUOTE]

I endorse BigCliff's suggestion. Having clicked to the site several times, it's tedious to sit through a relatively-long spiel that you've heard several times before. Having said that, there's nothing offensive about listening through a short spiel that you've heard before, knowing that there's quality material to look through afterwards (BTW, Steve, you really look good in your WJ Fusion Vest).​

Fly2Fish

Reaction score
I endorse BigCliff's suggestion. Having clicked to the site several times, it's tedious to sit through a relatively-long spiel that you've heard several times before. Having said that, there's nothing offensive about listening through a short spiel that you've heard before, knowing that there's quality material to look through afterwards (BTW, Steve, you really look good in your WJ Fusion Vest!).