Dream Destinations......

Rip Tide

Reaction score
There's a thread going now about Lee Wulff
Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be like him and discover a previously unknown mother lode of giant brooktrout

Davo

Reaction score
That's an easy one to answer. Taimen fishing in Mongolia!! Catching trout the size of Tarpon, what could be better?

dhayden

Reaction score
Fresh Water: Kamchatka .. or Argentina
Salt Water: Christmas Island

I really like NZ. Been there a number of times, and will go back when it's possible. It's not just the fishing..

ausablebrown

Reaction score
It doesn't get any better than Ausable for trout...different but not better. I dream about that place daily. Other than that any ole unnamed "jump-across" creek full of 6" brookies that noone knows about will be a close second.

smalliesrule

Reaction score
I think I'd like to go to Siberia and fish for those monster trout. I watched a video of it awhlile back. It's wilderness for sure.

Stan

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Dreamers, :)

I would like to take the boat over to Kodiak so I could provide my own 'water taxi' in order to reach many of the rivers that are off the road system. This can be done but weather & sea conditions along with range and fuel requirements are a big consideration. It would mean traveling along the coast for many miles completely on your own and I need to get all the right gear for the boat before I could ever try such an adventure.

I tend to keep my dreams withing a reasonable grasp. When I lived in the lower 48 states I traveled every year to somewhere that seemed exotic to me. Many of the 'exotic' places turned out to be within 70 miles of home while some were thousands of miles away. If you start early and go often you will be able to create your own memories of the dreams that came true.

One thing I learned about dreaming; don't ever think that you're too late to experience something that exists in America or neighboring Canadian Provinces. When I first went looking for salmon it was 1980 on the coastal rivers of Northern Maine, the worst of times for the once numerous Atlantic Salmon but I went anyway. It took until 1984 until I actually caught one but the memory is precious. I knew a lot of guys who talked about doing it but none who were trying. I camped in some of the most beautiful places in America and Canada and traveled by motorcycle. It was a hard way to live a dream but it beat the heck outta dreaming about what I would do some day.

The signature line I chose on my posting since I joined this group was a testament to what I learned in the first 50 years of my life and I'll stand by them until the years come to a close. Dreams are good but you gotta live every day like it's a dream come true.

Ard

theboz

Reaction score
Alaska to fish those tough to get to rivers with Ard.
Australia reef fishing and shark.
South America Peacocks , Dorado and Trout.
And one last trip to the Marquesas Keys for whatever swims by.
Go out with a fish on!

popperfly

Reaction score
Alaska would be my dream trip, number one on the bucket list right now. Second would be down in the Keys or the Island of Grand Bahama for some Bonefishing :D

webrx

Reaction score
Alaska first, that place where Len fished today and landed like a million trout is starting to come in a close second :)

d

BigCliff

Reaction score
Real dream- Kamchatka

Far-off dream- Seychelles

Bucket list- LA Marsh, Olympic Peninsula, Andros, Campeche, and Alaska