How Big Is Your Library

How Many "Fly-fishing" Related Books are in Your Personal Library?

• ZERO (0) - I'd rather fish than read about it

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • one to five (1-5)

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • five to ten (5-10)

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • ten to twenty (10-20)

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • twenty to fifty (20-50)

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • fifty to eighty (50-80)

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • eighty plus (80+)! - YES, I own more books on the subject than Dick Cheney :-)

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

stenacron

Reaction score
One of the cool things about fly-fishing is that there are so many nuances in; the casting, the waters, the target species, the entomology, the tying, the destinations, and the history – that the subject has spawned hundreds (if not thousands) of books dedicated to the subject.

So how many fly-fishing related books are in your personal library?

Here's a peek at my modest collection… 21 books currently, and 4 lost to either loaning-out, moving, or just plain old misplaced. I'm always on the lookout as well and keep a running "hot list" on my phone just in case I run across 'em at some point.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have nearly as many as Gary has, I didn't count but just guessing I think it is around 40-50 books, most aren't unpacked yet from the move.

L

Liphookedau

I've quite a few,I think at the last count 250 -300 +,I have them in 2 Bookshelves,stored in different locations around the house as I've also moved a few times,plus the ones borrowed which have never been returned.
Also it's suprising when I go looking for something more seem to turn up.
Since The Internet came along I've slowed down on buying books & could count on both hands how many I've bought in the last 10 - 12 years.
Brian

wt bash

Reaction score
Not really sure but I said 5 to 10 that are fly fishing related. I'm looking to pick up three more. Two from Vince Marinaro In the Ring of the Rise and A Modern Dry Fly Code and waiting on a friend's to hit the stands.

stenacron

Reaction score
Not really sure but I said 5 to 10 that are fly fishing related. I'm looking to pick up three more. Two from Vince Marinaro In the Ring of the Rise and A Modern Dry Fly Code and waiting on a friend's to hit the stands.
Ring of the Rise is on my "hot list" as well - albeit not as hot as others.

Picked up #22 on Tuesday - Fly-fishing Stillwaters for Trophy Trout (Rickards)

Reaction score
If I include digital copies of classics (kelson, Tolfrey, PT etc) i'm at about 20.
BTW, for those interested, the classics i mentioned are freely available online for download...you just need to know where to look

ausablebrown

Reaction score
GARY, we are all so surpirsed...........:p

I voted 10-20, then I counted....as with my other books I grossly misunderestimicated! I counted my library en toto last time we moved and I was nearly at 1000; I was thinking I had 500-600. My fly-fishing related shelf is now more than one shelf and is in the 30+ range with a few buried on the tying desk.