Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simms Waders

Thumbs up Re: Simms Waders

Thanks very much. Great advice from all. I'll keep all of the points in mind on my next trip to the local tackle shop.

2. Likes 1move liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Simms Waders

One more thing to add, the G4's have been updated for 2013 and are using a lighter Gore Tex material, so depending on size needed and availability, you might just find the 2012 models on sale for not all that much more than the G3's.

I've said it before, nothing I've tried breathes better than Gore Tex and that translates into comfort for me. I am often in my boots for 12 hours a day, so I appreciate the comfort the G3's provide me.

Outside of proper care which includes drying them inside and out, storing them out of the heat of a car, rolling them up, an occasional wash/DWR treatment, one of the biggest factors to durability is the fit. Get a pair that fits you right--whatever the brand--and consider the amount of layers you'd typically use when you buy them.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

4. Likes 1move, fredaevans, coug, von behr liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Jaybo's got it NAILED. Only two types of gear I'd never consider buying on line (without trying on first) are waders and boots (hell, any shoe for that mater).

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Not sure what model of Simms I've got but sure they are NOT the G-3 or G-4. What I can say is I've used them for five years. I feel comfortable saying I wear them 45+ days a year. They have yet to let me down, no leaks, no drips, no runs. I do not bushwack with them but don't take it easy either. You stay in thorns long enough you will feel the prick of a thorn. They are not intended for that kind of abuse; I say that knowing people do that and get by with it. Says a lot about Simms.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    One more thing to add, the G4's have been updated for 2013 and are using a lighter Gore Tex material, so depending on size needed and availability, you might just find the 2012 models on sale for not all that much more than the G3's.

I'.
    Yeah, that is the deal I got last August. I did not know the difference and I am glad I have the thicker pair as I use them for streelhead.

Also, as Jaybo states fit is critical. Simms offers many combinations of size. Just follow their instructions and you should get a pair that fits perfect. I am of Welsh blood meaning my shoulders are wider than my legs are long, and Simms had a pair that fit perfect.

8. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12