MT vs. CO

teamtrout

Reaction score
I was talking to a buddy of mine about good times back in college :p, and the subject came up of which state is better. I went to University of Montana Bozeman, and he went to University of Colorado at Boulder. Of course, each of us thinks our college provided better fishing, so I want to hear from you!

Please vote for which state you think is better, specifically near the areas of Boulder and Bozeman. And please only vote if you have fished both states.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Ooops, something went wrong and the poll isn't there...

Can somebody tell me how to add one? I must've done something wrong.

Otherwise just write in your choice

labradorguy

Reaction score
Seriously?? lol.

It's easier to get to a Broncos game from Boulder.... that's about all they have going for them. :)

cab

Reaction score
Call the police, have them put on the riot gear.

CAB

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Call the police, have them put on the riot gear.

Then go find something better to do than start fights on the web.

CAB

williamhj

Reaction score
Just for fishing? Dont know never fished Montana. But need to pay for my gear and my job is in denver so.....

slowdown

Reaction score
I live in Colorado - about 40 minutes south of Boulder and I go to Montana every year - for the last 20, so I may not have the experience of some, but I think I have a pretty good picture of the fishing.

Since your post said NEAR Bozeman, and Near Boulder, there just isn't a contest. Within 30 minutes to an hour of Bozeman you have the Yellowstone, Gallatin, East Gallatin, Madison - in terms of Amazing well known rivers, not to mention all kinds of tributaries and several really great spring creeks.

Within 30 minutes to an hour of Boulder, you have Boulder creek and Clear creek - both fair little creeks, but trying to compare them to the yellowstone and the Madison is like trying to compare your 4th grade girlfriend to Kate Upton.

I love my state, and we have tremendous fishing, but Montana has bigger rivers, and by far better access rules that allow for a lot more opportunities.

teamtrout

Reaction score
I live in Colorado - about 40 minutes south of Boulder and I go to Montana every year - for the last 20, so I may not have the experience of some, but I think I have a pretty good picture of the fishing.

Since your post said NEAR Bozeman, and Near Boulder, there just isn't a contest. Within 30 minutes to an hour of Bozeman you have the Yellowstone, Gallatin, East Gallatin, Madison - in terms of Amazing well known rivers, not to mention all kinds of tributaries and several really great spring creeks.

Within 30 minutes to an hour of Boulder, you have Boulder creek and Clear creek - both fair little creeks, but trying to compare them to the yellowstone and the Madison is like trying to compare your 4th grade girlfriend to Kate Upton.

I love my state, and we have tremendous fishing, but Montana has bigger rivers, and by far better access rules that allow for a lot more opportunities.
I agree with everything you said here. I lived in Boulder for a few years, and there is some great fishing there. I distinctly remember having some great small stream brookie fishing and high lake cutthroat fishing, but it just doesn't have as many spots close by that have good fly fishing. But I'd gladly make a trip to either spot. I enjoy catching native brookies just as much as big browns. Well, maybe not quite as much ;)

ten_fiver

Reaction score
They're both amazing. All I know is that Wyoming is horrible for fishing. Everybody should stay away and visit MT and CO instead. :D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
They're both amazing. All I know is that Wyoming is horrible for fishing. Everybody should stay away and visit MT and CO instead. :D
Ten_fiver: That is only half the story, Wyoming has terrible scenery to boot....it's much more beautiful in either CO or MT. :D:D

0bie

Reaction score
Montana's stream accesss laws are lightyears ahead of Colorado's- for that reason alone I'd pick the former.

williamhj

Reaction score
Montana, sorry to break it to you. Everyone is buying their tickets as we speak. They heard about the legendary Montana trout. Combat fishing coming soon to a stream near you :)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Montana, sorry to break it to you. Everyone is buying their tickets as we speak. They heard about the legendary Montana trout. Combat fishing coming soon to a stream near you :)
William: That post was too funny, if Fred sees this I'm sure he will vote you best post for the week! :D:D:D