Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you wear ???

1. Default Re: What do you wear ???

Any manmade pants like jogging pants that are cheap or my favorite nylon zippoff hiking pants. If it is cold I will wear two pair and one or two pair of wool socks takes care of my feet. I never wear jeans or cotton socks because they absorb water and are like wet toilet paper at the end of the day and cold. If I'm fishing for less than a couple hours it makes little difference.

2. Likes rusty 54 liked this post

Default Re: What do you wear ???

In the summer quick drying wading pants under waders (just don't like the clammy feel of wader material on my legs all day)
    Other seasons an assortments of synthetic or wool stuff from thin Capolene to thick, plastic fuzzy stuff... and combination's of both.

Ultralight Smartwool base layers in summer if I'm staying in them all day... then layer up from that as needed, usually a mid layer of wool then fleece when it's real cold.
    ... But a lifelong journey.

I choose fly rods the same way I do women, motorcycles, and cowboy boots...
    go with what ever feels good, and keep on hand as many as I can afford

Shorts or sweat pants depending on the season.

Fleece in the winter sometimes with a wicking base layer, nylon pants sometimes with a wicking base layer in spring and fall usually wet wade in the summer.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by jaybug View Post
    Any manmade pants like jogging pants that are cheap or my favorite nylon zippoff hiking pants. If it is cold I will wear two pair and one or two pair of wool socks takes care of my feet. I never wear jeans or cotton socks because they absorb water and are like wet toilet paper at the end of the day and cold. If I'm fishing for less than a couple hours it makes little difference.
    Exactly right for SW Oregon; other than the odd off it just doesn't get that cold around here. Most of the rivers don't get down into the mid-40's even in the dead of Winter. 'Man made' for the lower half and (God am I old school!) all wool tappered leg ski pants. Even in the Summer I'll ware cotton below the belt and a 'flats' baggie long sleve shirt on top. If really hot skip the waders and 'wet wade,' too hot? ... just flop down in the river, get soaking wet and do a 'Ahhhhhhhhhhh!'

Water may be cold all year round but 90+ degree weather is quite common. Best time to fish is 'hour'ish' before sun rise till about 11AM then go home.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

For them cold winter days a thermal bottom and pajama pants/joggers... Fall/Spring I usually just wear the pajama pants... Summer I opt for no waders and grab my quick dry pants

In warm weather/water, the same clothing I would wear when not fishing: jeans or chinos.

PVC Lederhosen....

ummm...khakis.

12. Likes ezduzit, marky3130, spm, rusty 54 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast