What do you wear ???

Fly2Fish

Reaction score
Base layer is wicking Under(Wader)Wear under a pair of breathable fishing pants (Cabela's Supplex or Magellan's). In warm conditions I zip off the pants legs to convert them to shorts, leaving off the Under(Wader)Wear as well.

BigCliff

Reaction score
Always a sythetic, ranging from shorts in the summer to Polartec fleece pants if its super cold out.

zerolimit

Reaction score
Long legged mirco fiber wicking underwear in warm weather and various weights of long underwear and fleece during the winter. I don't like the clammy feeling of skin up against the waders regardless of temp. If I can at all get away with it, I wet wade in shorts.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing!!:tongue:

Polar fleece pants in the Spring and Fall. Wet wade in the Summer.

Davo

Reaction score
I don't believe we know each other well enough for you to ask questions like that. :wink:

Usually just shorts or jeans and long johns in cold weather.

trout champ

Reaction score
If it's warm out I wear a pair of shorts, I like the feel of the cool water in the hot sun. In the winter I usually wear a pair of long johns and moisture wicking pants.

Randy

doc

Reaction score
Commando Baby!:surprise: :yikes:

Ok, maybe not:eek:

Thermal long underwear and polarfleece in the winter and just microfleece in the summer.

Cheers,
Doc

Douglas Wesson

Reaction score
What do you wear under your breathable chest waders ?????
I always wear fleece. Very lite wt fleece in the summer and medium to heavy fleece in the winter. I also put neopream knee braces on my knees b/c my knees are shot and when they get cold they will hurt. Being a hedonist, I try to avoid that.

jaybug

Reaction score
Any manmade pants like jogging pants that are cheap or my favorite nylon zippoff hiking pants. If it is cold I will wear two pair and one or two pair of wool socks takes care of my feet. I never wear jeans or cotton socks because they absorb water and are like wet toilet paper at the end of the day and cold. If I'm fishing for less than a couple hours it makes little difference.

Jackster

Reaction score
In the summer quick drying wading pants under waders (just don't like the clammy feel of wader material on my legs all day)
Other seasons an assortments of synthetic or wool stuff from thin Capolene to thick, plastic fuzzy stuff... and combination's of both.

GRN

Reaction score
Ultralight Smartwool base layers in summer if I'm staying in them all day... then layer up from that as needed, usually a mid layer of wool then fleece when it's real cold.

tcorfey

Reaction score
Fleece in the winter sometimes with a wicking base layer, nylon pants sometimes with a wicking base layer in spring and fall usually wet wade in the summer.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Any manmade pants like jogging pants that are cheap or my favorite nylon zippoff hiking pants. If it is cold I will wear two pair and one or two pair of wool socks takes care of my feet. I never wear jeans or cotton socks because they absorb water and are like wet toilet paper at the end of the day and cold. If I'm fishing for less than a couple hours it makes little difference.
Exactly right for SW Oregon; other than the odd off it just doesn't get that cold around here. Most of the rivers don't get down into the mid-40's even in the dead of Winter. 'Man made' for the lower half and (God am I old school!) all wool tappered leg ski pants. Even in the Summer I'll ware cotton below the belt and a 'flats' baggie long sleve shirt on top. If really hot skip the waders and 'wet wade,' too hot? ... just flop down in the river, get soaking wet and do a 'Ahhhhhhhhhhh!'

Water may be cold all year round but 90+ degree weather is quite common. Best time to fish is 'hour'ish' before sun rise till about 11AM then go home.

itchmesir

Reaction score
For them cold winter days a thermal bottom and pajama pants/joggers... Fall/Spring I usually just wear the pajama pants... Summer I opt for no waders and grab my quick dry pants