Playing Hooky

How many times a season do you call in just to go fishing?

• 0 or never

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • 1-2

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 3-4

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

banjominnow

Reaction score
Have you ever missed work or school just to go fishing? If so, how many times a season do you do it? I've caught the late flu during steelhead season once or twice, cough cough.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Well not 'Hooky,' I was the 'Indian Guide' for major Company Guests. In the motor home, off to the river, or Alsaka, for a few days. Long days drift down the river and just talked; little of it had to do with 'business.' :banned:

Couple of their Dughters lived with me as they attended University; one's now a well recommended MD. :clap:

All good things.

fae

smp005

Reaction score
I just call the President of the company and ask if i can take the day off and go fishing. Oh wait.... that's me !!!

Sometimes I do have to tell myself no....:-(

smp005

Reaction score
Same here with being self employed. Makes fishing days expensive LOL!

I have that the older I get the less I care about the lost revenue and the more I care about soothing sound of the riffles :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J

james w 3 3

I like my job mostly because it doesn't interfere with my fishing too much
I realized early in my working life that I'd never be happy if I had a career that interfered with my life too much.
This works great for me, but I'm told I'm not normal . . . whatever that is.

fenix84

Reaction score
Probably over 40 days last year. Self employed so i can just go, the only thing i need is cell coverage and data. Unfortunately I have take my laptop with me which kinda sucks.

hunter1

Reaction score
I don't have to take off, I'm retired. When i worked i had a Sunday and a day off during the week. Loved the day off during the week to fly fish, no one else around.