Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  58
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adrenaline Fish

Default Re: Adrenaline Fish

Quote Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
    ... what fish in your experience induces the best adrenaline rush.
    The kind I've never caught before. And since I am relatively new at this, that has happened with every recent catch in the salt. Jacks are fun because they fight, and if you are in a kayak, they will actually tow you. I have caught a bunch of them, and still welcome it every time. But the last four fish I have caught were each my first of that species (snook, baby tarpon, black drum, and redfish)... and three of those were on the same day... so it has been a blast!

2. Likes karstopo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by pnc View Post
    Biggest rush is from the same fish every time. Wading &.Rays ! Not on hook, kicked up. Explosion at feet. 3-4' wing span and your coverd with water. Check for missing limbs. Jeez a ray again. Then 5 mins. later heart starts to slow down. Gets me every time.

......... pc
    Last time I fished in Florida I saw one small ray but the guy fishing near me startled a large one. He described it as a "Steve Irwin killing ray". Seeing that would get the blood flowing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Likes karstopo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ejsell View Post
    Last time I fished in Florida I saw one small ray but the guy fishing near me startled a large one. He described it as a "Steve Irwin killing ray". Seeing that would get the blood flowing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Do the "Stingray Shuffle."

YouTube

6. Likes ejsell liked this post

Having just returned from my annual steelhead trip to BC I'd have to say steelhead. At this point in my fishing, catching and landing a steelhead is pretty much the biggest thrill I can experience.

I've landed some big Pacific salmon, and a few bonefish, but there's just something about those steelhead.

Scott

8. Likes ejsell, karstopo, huronfly liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    I did say that conditions have to be perfect.
    ...when fishing the north Atlantic you're going to run into plenty of wind, cold and sea weed

More often than not, it's more like this

Lol. Now we're cooking with oil.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Nice fish! Do you have anymore pictures of it lying in the dirt?
    As publicity increases so does the propensity of tripping over yards of mono attached to a Dipsey sinker.

10. Likes fredaevans, jpbfly liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by corn fed fins View Post
    Lol. Now we're cooking with oil.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    YIKE'S!!!!!! :eek:
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I like sight fishing the best. Looking for them then having to drop a fly in the perfect spot is fun. I also like big. Bluegills and crappie are OK, but they aren't real high on the challenge scale. Since we don't have any of the glamour fish, I spend time hunting down gar. I can choose my target and have at it. I'm kicking myself for not throwing at them until last year. Had some great tug 'o wars with them this summer. In the salt, I love bones, jacks, anything I can walk the beach or flats for that will go fast.

13. Likes karstopo liked this post
    Blog Entries

I'm ruined, I think that's a fair statement because I don't get all hyped up anymore. There was a day though long ago when I saw my first King Salmon jump from a rivers surface. If you are a fresh water fly fisherman who has only ever caught trout, land locked salmon and small Atlantic Salmon, seeing a 40 pound fish come out of the water makes an impression. That was Alaska 1989 but I never caught one that year.

I'd like to spin a tale about my first catch having occurred in some exotic location but it was on the Salmon River in New York State. Yes they were hatchery fish but they were huge hatchery fish swimming up a river I was standing in. I had heard stories but also knew that for years snagging had been legal there so I had never went up there. In 1995 the State Banned Snagging of salmon so I figured it would be safe to go try them on a fly.

When you're used to a trout on the line and a big king acts absolutely nuts when it gets the hook you are in for a genuine thrill. First there was a run so fast I just stood there watching, then came cartwheeling jumps followed by a downstream run that all but spooled all the back line from my reel.

I did not catch that fish but it made a lasting impression. Once I relocated here to AK. that's when I started to become desensitized to big or fast fish. I still enjoy the challenge of fishing for them and landing them but having a decent supply of them helps you to learn how to handle them better.

King Salmon, a truly lively one will change the way you feel about fresh water fish.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

15. Likes karstopo, ejsell liked this post
    Blog Entries

No fish in particular....trout,chub,dace,carp....catch a fish I've seen feeding on the surface or underor simply located....that's what excites me

17. Likes karstopo liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123