Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19

View Poll Results: When do you think about fishing?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • All of the time including dreaming about it

13 59.09%
  • Outside of work time

1 4.55%
  • Only when Iím stuck at work

0 0%
  • Not much, I have too many other interests

0 0%
  • Never

0 0%
  • When Iím on the water

0 0%
  • I donít have to even think about it, itís who I am.

4 18.18%
  • When Iím driving

0 0%
  • When my spouse is talking

0 0%
  • Other

4 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Whenís Your Favorite Time to Think About Fishing

If Iím not actively fishing, Iím probably thinking about it. Sure, thereís stuff like making a living and chores and family time and worship, but in between and around all of that thereís fishing and thinking about fishing related stuff.

Itís pretty addictive this sport and Iím glad Iím not dependent on some substance like cocaine to get my fix. Iím not sure fly fishing is any less expensive than scoring with the local dealer, though.

I have to force myself to do other things like take in a movie or play a game or entertain friends, most whom also like to fish, just to prove Iím the master and not the slave, but some of the time Iím in doubt as to who is who.

So when is your favorite time to think about fishing?

2. Likes dennyk, npike, brownbass liked this post
  3. Default Re: Whenís Your Favorite Time to Think About Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by karstopo View Post
    If Iím not actively fishing, Iím probably thinking about it. Sure, thereís stuff like making a living and chores and family time and worship, but in between and around all of that thereís fishing and thinking about fishing related stuff.

Itís pretty addictive this sport and Iím glad Iím not dependent on some substance like cocaine to get my fix. Iím not sure fly fishing is any less expensive than scoring with the local dealer, though.

I have to force myself to do other things like take in a movie or play a game or entertain friends, most whom also like to fish, just to prove Iím the master and not the slave, but some of the time Iím in doubt as to who is who.

So when is your favorite time to think about fishing?
    Lol, I think about fly fishing all the time . As well , I have to force myself to stop .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Likes karstopo, brownbass liked this post

Default Re: Whenís Your Favorite Time to Think About Fishing

I'm 60 now and still get amped about fly fishing like in my younger days. Thank God some things never change!

Fun thread karstopo!

Denny

6. Likes karstopo, rusty 54, allen1958, brownbass liked this post

No favorite time for what which never leaves my mind. And it's getting worse. And since ...... second thought on since..... suns right, rain stopped, wind died, temps back to normal for a few days...... Now, gotta go.

....... pc

8. Likes karstopo liked this post
  9. Default Re: Whenís Your Favorite Time to Think About Fishing

Now...now...now and again...now! It funny I think more about casting sexy loops than I do catching a fish...putting a fly in that nice back eddy! I could really careless about catching a fish! Sometimes catching fish gets in my way of fly fishing. I think about being on a river all the time! Its like Tai Chi for me...my alpha waves seem to kick in and I am at peace!

10. Likes karstopo liked this post

I used to think about fishing and fishing related stuff way to much. However, as I age, I have come to understand the importance of a balanced life. So, now I try to divide the fishing thinking time equally with the time spent thinking about those other "basic needs..."

12. Likes karstopo liked this post

I haven't fished since December 10, only saw two little fish rise that day and felt bad after catching them. I'm going crazy! Reading this forum and watching golden dorado videos on YouTube all day. Fantasizing about the tropics, wondering if Method 690 isn't the perfect Christmas Island flats wading rod, or maybe the 790, and pairing them in my daydreams with the Nautilus CCF-X2. Maybe next year. But February is coming and the midges...

14. Likes karstopo, brownbass liked this post
    Blog Entries

I don't believe I think about fishing all the time. There's getting ready to go fishing, tying flys to go fishing, watching videos about fishing, watching videos about tying flys to go fishing with. Maintaining the vehicle so I can go fishing. Who's available to go fishing with me? Or, do I want to go solo and hope I don't fall down and break a hip or have a heart attack climbing back up Cardiac Hill. I actually don't do Cardiac Hill, COPD don't you know. So, no, I don't think I think about fishing all the time.

Bill

16. Likes karstopo liked this post

Its pretty much all of the categories. Even when I'm on the potty.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

18. Likes karstopo liked this post

How about adding another category. "When Drinking"

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast