Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Favorite number of rod pieces for transport?

Voters
365. You may not vote on this poll

5 1.37%

87 23.84%

36 9.86%

219 60.00%

8 2.19%

2 0.55%

5 1.37%

2 0.55%

0 0%
  • 10 or more?

1 0.27%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite number of rod pieces?

1. Default Re: Favorite number of rod pieces?

Two of the three rods i have are two pieces and i liked this set up, but it was annoying to fit into my vehicle when i had to get rid of the truck and buy a coupe. So the third time around i went with the 4 piece, and i love it. When all my buddies are hanging rod tips out the window of their little cars, I have mine sitting nice and compact in the passenger seat

I miss my truck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ROVER >-<>

Bozeman, MT and Sheridan, WY but now Houston, Texas

Default Re: Favorite number of rod pieces?

I have made sure all my rods are 4 piece rods(3 of them since alot of you have more) Since i do alot of backpacking in the summertime i like to make sure that my rods break down enough to fit into my pack.

Four. For me, no appreciable difference in fishing a 2-piece rod or a 4-piece rod. Four piece rods, as everyone knows, also give you the best selection; pretty much regardless of the manufacturer.

4. Default Re: Favorite number of rod pieces?

I have 3 two piece rods. Most of my travelling is local so they don't really cause and issues with transport. However if I was starting to fly or travel around to various destinations I think I would look at a 3 or 4 piece for sure.

I am actually thinking about a new 7wt 9ft rod in a two piece like the discontinued Sage SLT. Seems to me from looking around that High Quality rods in the two piece format are becoming hard to find or may be it's just me.

I like 4's, break down small enough to travel/hike with, and when just broken in half to 2pcs they fit nicely into one of my two 2pc double reel on rod cases fully strung. 3 and 5 pc rods are much less convenient in this regard.

TL's~

6. Default Re: Favorite number of rod pieces?

My favorite rod is a 2 piece 8 wt. Sage rplx, but I think I would get in more fishing if I had more 4 pc. rods. I travel all over the country on business and would carry a rod with me more if I had a 4 pc. to fit the bill for the place I am going. I've carried on the 2 piece and 3 pc. rods, but with my briefcase and suitcase, it starts to be too much to deal with Right now I only have a 2 wt. 4 pc. and have not travelled anywhere yet where that would be appropriate. I work in several coastal communities and would probably take a 4 pc. 8wt. with me more often if I had one. I bet you can guess what my next rod purchase will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]><)))))'>

Blog Entries

Funny. I never even considered it till I read this post. The number of rod sections is unimportant to me. I buy a new rod based on how I like casting it. If I like the feel and am confident in it's performance what do I care how many pieces it has.
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

8. Default Re: Favorite number of rod pieces?

I don't like to have any more pieces than the rod originally came in.
    "If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong." John Gierach

9. Default Re: Favorite number of rod pieces?

I feel the same way......

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
    Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"

Quote Originally Posted by GRN View Post
    I like 4's, break down small enough to travel/hike with, and when just broken in half to 2pcs they fit nicely into one of my two 2pc double reel on rod cases fully strung. 3 and 5 pc rods are much less convenient in this regard.

TL's~
    I have a similar situation to that of hsmith1313; in that I travel a lot. Some of my destinations are as far from trout fishing as you can get; but other offer an opportunity to try casting into a different set of waters; which for me, is a difficult situation to resist. I've recently heard from some fishing friends that the March Brown 6 and 7 piece rods are worth a look for the traveling angler. Any opinions out there on these rods? Or others(?)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast