Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Would you fish in an indoor created river system?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 40.00%
  • No

8 40.00%
  • Maybe, if the weather was extreme

4 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Indoor Fishing?

1. Default Indoor Fishing?

Hello Everyone,

I just joined the board today to collect some research from my fellow fly fishermen/women. Thank you all and feel free to post comments as well!

2. Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

I would join the fun. I also rock climb and we climb in the winter time in gyms. I think that it would be a sort of training area when you don't have alot of time to go out. It would be nice in some of the big cities where there isn't alot of rivers/lakes available

John

3. Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

Appreciate the feedback John. A rock wall would be a definite!

4. Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

I personally fish on the rivers all year round here in Utah, but I know that alot of fisherman will take the winter off. This would give them a chance to keep up on there skills during the cold months. Some people just can't handle the below freezing fishing.

John

5. Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

That's the answer I'm looking for. I've got a pretty big idea but I just want to see what kind of feedback I get on it. I'm in Cleveland so a lot of people take the winters off here as well. I know I wouldn't mind fishing in a place that would get me out of the elements.

6. Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

I can see where you are leading this to and I think it is a good idea.
    Good luck

John

7. Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

Thanks John!

Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

I voted no
    Catching a fish is secondary to me to being outdoors enjoying nature.
    I rarely fly fish in the winter, but when I do it's because I need to be out in the sunshine in a beautiful location
    If I wanted to stay in, I'd take up bowling
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

9. Likes Ard, denver1911, tcorfey, karstopo liked this post

Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

Hi Blake,

Welcome to the forum. It is not my first choice of a place to fish for trout. But it would be a great training tool for beginners to learn from an instructor. It would be good for that Summer or Winter. A casting pool should be included.

Frank

11. Default Re: Indoor Fishing?

Fair enough Rip Tide. I'm sure many people feel the same. As for me, even though I've lived in Ohio my whole life, I hate the cold. I shut the fishing down in the winter for the most part. In the fall/spring/summer, I'm out there every single day. I'd like to continue that in the winter months but I just can't fight the cold sometimes. I appreciate the feedback though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast