How Many Fly Rods Do You Own

How Many Fly Rods Do You Own?

• Total voters

Fish Bones

Reaction score
OK folks here's a poll. Tell us how many fly rods do you presently own. We won't tell your spouse. :lol:

dougm

Reaction score
Cliff

Cliff:

Thanks for responding but you're also supposed to vote at the top of the page.

Thanks,
Steve

DAVY WOTTON

Reaction score
HOW MANY RODS

l guess l can admit that one without any undue problems from her in doors,
Something in excess of 50 from to 0 to 15wt, Fact l may well have a sale this year and will let you guys know whats going.

Please do not ask me which one is my favorite, all l will tell you if you do is the one l have in my hand that the fish is bending at that time.

But of course l do have a few l love to fish with for many reasons, they bring back a great many memories of places l have fished, them, trophy fish l have caught using them, and they are a extension of my inner feelings to ward fly fishing. My belief is that a rod has to feel this way before you are, shall we say on the same wave length !!!! or line !!

PP. I know Dave Whitlock had a bunch also for sale. contact me via my e-mail if you wish more details of those.

at. davyfly@ozarkmountains.com

Cliff Hilbert

Reaction score
Davy when you go fishing do you have a couple of helpers along to carry all your rods?? :p :p :p

DAVY WOTTON

Reaction score
How many rods

Funny you should ask me that Cliff,

I did have that at one time. When l used to do the fly casting demos for a event in the UK, l had this guy who would carry all my rods l used for that purpose.
Have not found any one as yet to do that whilst fishing on the river, any volunteers out there. ?

Pass me the TFO 10ft 4 wt, l can just see that, in fact l think l will place a ad Cliff for the position.

DAVYFLY.

birddogs

Reaction score
no creel he has 4 rods.. a 3wt, a 5wt and 2 8wts... guess it depends on how ya read it. tom

Fish Bones

Reaction score
birdogs:

Perhaps you're right. I read it your way first but then noticed that the vote for "5 or more" had increased by one vote. That lead me to assume troutboy had a total of 7 rods. Oh well... perhaps he'll clear it up for us soon.

Thanks,
Steve

Fish Bones

Reaction score
This is very interesting... This post has been viewed more than 100 times yet only 11 have voted. Why do you think???

Steve :?

Cliff Hilbert

Reaction score
Because Steve, just like you and me, others have looked at this thread several times each.

Fish Bones

Reaction score
You may be right. I understand that the count is not for unique hits... but 119 hits?... So you're saying that all of the voters have looked at this strand an average 10 times each? Why would they do that I wonder? I suppose some lookers didn't cast a vote, or perhaps they didn't understand that you even could cast a vote. Perhaps they were uninterested.

Anyway, its not that important really. I just though a little poll might a fun thing to do. A little interaction is always fun... I thought. I’ll keep trying, maybe a different poll topic would be in order.

So anyway... ya going fishing this weekend???

Steve :D

Cliff Hilbert

Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm not sure where yet. I may go to Bellwood in Tyler and drown some minnows for crappie. I went to Monticello today but didn't catch a bass, not even a bream, and it didn't seem to matter what fly I threw at them.

birddogs

Reaction score
cliff, fullcreel,, you guys are correct. i keep comming back to this thread to see any new comments. tom

lonestarbrian

Reaction score
I only have 1 at this point. 9' 5wt because I was under the impression that this was the best to learn with. Eventually I would like to get a 3wt for the BeaversBend trout and the bream and maybe a 7 or 8wt for the bigger bass like in Fork.
As far as having 50, the wife is pretty sympathetic to my "habits" but i imagine she would draw the line before it got to that point :wink:

BigCliff

Reaction score
Brian, if you were wanting that big rod for just plain larger bass, a 7 or 8 might work. For Fork however, I'd recommend a nine.

I know Brian Gambill who guides on Fork, and he rarely fishes anything smaller than a ten. He has broken twelve weights when setting the hook on a fish. The nine will also work to turn over the bigger hairbugs better as well.

dougm

Reaction score
I suppose I might as well confess ... Fly rods owned number in excess of 50 ranging from a Blue Water 14 all the way down to a couple of little 2-weights. I think it is a sufficienf number to keep me in the running for the most toys when I finally rest my head.

Why don't you start a new thread on who owns the most fly reels?

Doug