August caption competition - sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Summer is moving on and the season moves on bringing all sorts of anglers out on to the river bank.

What do you think this fine pair of fly fishers might be saying to each other?

Best caption by the end of August wins the prize voucher from Allen Fly Fishing.

Good luck!

Paul

allen1958

Reaction score
See, I told you this was going to be fun. Now you are out fishing me and havn't complained once about your feet in hours, Liz!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

audax

Reaction score
"Oh, this is delightful, sir! These marvelous stream trout again show such favor for the cheerful Parmacheene Belle over that drab Quill Gordon that the surly man from Haverstraw boasts about. Please tell me, sir, what is your name?"

"Theodore, ma'am. Theodore Gordon...from Haverstraw."

looper34

Reaction score
"Another one?.............Are you sure you don't want to try the hotel spa with your mother? I heard it's nice."

r reese

Reaction score
Madam you don't have to stand right in front of me. We do have an entire river to fish.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Lead follow or get out of my way mister.

fq13

Reaction score
Darling, your hat is lovely and that is a fine fish. BUT when you said we should get up early and go into the woods so I could get my rod wet? Well, I was thinking along different lines.:eek:

olsaltydog

Reaction score
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will take his wife with him and be outfished.