January 2018 Caption Competition - sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to a brand new year and sorry this took so long to get posted. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays.

To kick of the caption competition for 2018 have a look at this photograph below of an English riverkeeper friend of mine and his cardboard cut-out friend Kylie, and tell us what YOU think a fitting caption would be while keeping it tasteful please! The winner will receive the coveted voucher from Allen Fly Fishing to spend in their online store!

G-G-G-G-Go!!!

Last edited:

goshawk87

Reaction score
Now we can finally go fishing as much as I want

—————

My reaction when my friends say their wives won’t let them got fishing

SethO

Reaction score
Sitting in his den, Brian occasionally ponders all his successes. There is the massive rainbow hanging by the bookshelf, the 12 pointer harvested from that Texas trip, and the time Kylie actually went on a date with him. Like a true conservationist, he released her after their first date (she turned him down for a second).

drr324

Reaction score
A little disappointed with my new "mail order" bride.... I think I've been scammed?

looper34

Reaction score
Okay, listen. Surprisingly she said you can bring “your date” but you definitely have to lose the boots if you want to be a part of this........and don’t give me anymore of your “but I’m the Best Man" nonsense.

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
It wasn’t a perfect relationship, but overall, Brandon was happy that he had finally found a woman who didn’t care when he was late from a fishing trip or bought yet another fly rod or pair of wading boots.

corn fed fins

Reaction score
Just moments after this picture was taken tragedy struck. Caught up in the moment, he forgot Kylie's Saran Wrap waders. It still brings tears to his eyes.

yikes

Reaction score
So, I know this isn't a caption and won't win me anything, but that photo can't help but remind me of this old cartoon:

saltybum

Reaction score
The salesman on the phone was hard of hearing. I told him I wanted a really sweet light portable rod. Instead I got this sweet light portable broad.

Last edited:

mikechell

Reaction score
NO, REALLY !!! The Rainbow I caught was 58 pounds and 32 inches long !!! Oh, and this is my wife, too !!!

mudduck

Reaction score

"So many of you have asked 'Hey wheres Kylie been the last few months?'. Some have wondered if our marriage was on the rocks. Well, as you can see, Kylie is obviously doing fine and we have never been happier."

"Of course not Bob. Shes just on a diet"