May 2018 (for real this time!) Caption Competition - sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the false start folks - too many forums and too little time.

Anyway... let's try your creative talents on this one shall we?

Let us know what your caption would be for this photo by the end of the May and we will pick a winner.

Thanks

Paul

desmobob

Reaction score
OK... you drive a hard bargain... two bucks for a flank feather! I've got the cash right here.

Tight lines,
Bob

mikechell

Reaction score
Conservation minded, Jack always carries extra Mallards in his jacket, to repopulate where they're scarce.

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
"Ever since the DEC (DNR, DF&G, etc.) started recruiting ducks to check fishing licences this was a more and more common sight at fishing access points. "

Or

"when the duck asked him for a smoke he was so surprised he started searching for his pack without thinking.

clsmith131

Reaction score
Have you seen my sunglasses? I just had them a second ago, they must be here somewhere...
Quack
Did you just call me a quack?
Quack
I'm not afraid to hit a woman, you know.
Quack
I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Don't go! Wait-- here they are! I was wearing them the whole time.
Quack
...Yeah...

jfh245

Reaction score
So the line goes through the front door, turn over through back, and then four turns through the hatch to the front door. Lubricate with duck juice, slowly tighten short tag and clip at exhaust tip. A felt tip pen can be used for eye detail on the windscreen and be sure to leave gear trailing from the boot for attraction. And remember, remember, remember...........high test only !!

taffy1

Reaction score
I bet mine are more waterproof than all that gear you are wearing!

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
Jeremy was understandably proud of his new musky fly pattern — particularly his realistic rendition of the bill and the webbed feet using rubber cement.

looper34

Reaction score
"not quite sure huh?.....maybe the rest of my buttered roll will help you remember exactly where that big truck unloaded all those new trout."

mikechell

Reaction score
Rupert was ready to propose to his "chick" ... but he couldn't remember where he put the ring !!!