July 2018 Caption Competition sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
2018 part 2 has started and so we have a brand new photo for you this month to put your wittiest caption against...

See what tasty morsel of wisdom you can come up with to accompany this snack sized fly!

Best answer by the end of July wins the $150 prize voucher from Allen Fly Fishing.

smoke33

Reaction score
Hey, did you hear? Taco Bell is getting into the fly making business! Introducing, the new Chalupa Fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

looper34

Reaction score
"....you can also use a soft tortilla and add a refried bean wrap to make this into a very effective nymph pattern....."

mikechell

Reaction score
"I learned two new things this month," said young Johnny.
"I learned how to tie flies, and I learned I really love tacos!"
"Now I just can't get my mind off either one !!!"

Knate

Reaction score
"The taco fly is especially effective when fished in tandem with its larval version, the burrito nymph. Also available in pink for those aggressively feeding males during spawn."

zhaddock

Reaction score
Two fish walk into a bar and have drinks. The next day one fish walks into the same bar. The bartender says "Hey! Where's your buddy?" The fish says "It's a sad story. I don't want to taco bout it!"

mudduck

Reaction score
The Swedes completely changed the game in the 2014 World Fly Fishing Championships with the "Swedish Meatball Muddler", but in 2018 nobody even saw Mexico coming...

4peace1piece

Reaction score
I don't know if it appeals to the trout yet, but I've caught my brother twice already!