2018 Keep 'em Wet Photo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Better start a Fish Folder people :)

The administrators are once again sponsoring a Keep 'em Wet photo contest. As this summer progresses we encourage our members to record their catches but to do so in the most low impact manner possible.

Entries should show fish that were photographed without their being removed from the water. Fish displayed right at the surface are fair game and I'll provide an example below.

Easy if you have someone to snap the shot like I did but if you are alone don't count yourself out. Sometimes the best you can do is like the following image.

This isn't about who is the best photographer, it's about how we are handling those fish we go to great lengths to catch. Everyone involved in picking the best shots will consider whether or not you were alone or not.

It is not about the biggest fish either so you guys chasing Brookies back East are in this as well as the rest of the membership.

You are allowed One Entry Photo so take your time and choose the best wet fish of this season. We will close the thread on September 30th.

So what are we giving away?

There will be 3 winners one overall and two secondary placements. The overall winner will receive a Fishpond Summit Sling like the one below without all the additional gear, you'll have to deck it out on your own ;)

ss-g_detail_1_1.jpg

Our two secondary finishers will receive a Simms Nipper with Simms Lanyard so you don't lose it ;)

11650-800-guide-nipper-simms-orange_s17.jpg
11795-800-guide-lanyard-simms-orange_f17.jpg

Here's how we'll roll with this, lets keep the posts limited to the photo entries and accompanying remarks from the poster but save the chat for other threads. Of course you can like various entries but this will not hinge only on the number of likes an image gets. We will need to consider whether the angler was alone or had a friend to do the camera work ect.

You get One Entry Image so pick a good one, you have the rest of the summer season and early fall to get the shots and make your decision on what's the best you've got.

Now there's a little incentive for everyone to Keep 'em Wet while we're out there, have a great rest of the summer.

Entry Deadline is September 30th

plecain

Reaction score
Pretty Brookie

I'm in.
Can't argue that this one isn't wet enough:).

Last edited:

npike

Reaction score
Re: Pretty Brookie

His nose was out of the water for the picture, but man he had a cool scar and jaw.

lightline takes some great solo keep em wet photos--maybe he'll post one here.

Attachments

gutterpunk

Reaction score
This is as far as this little guy got out of the water. A native cutthroat on Rock Creek, MT.

RockCreekCutthroat.jpg

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
Fishing with a friend experienced in proper fish handling helps a lot as does a polarizing filter and clear water. This Beaver Creek Loch Levan never had to be held above water to be unhooked and thoroughly revived for safe release.

The rod is a Vermont-built Diamondback "Stu Apte" #5 mounted with a made in England, Hardy Angel and the fly was a #16 PMD tied thorax style.

W04 BC Angel&Brown L.jpg

lightline

Reaction score
G0324097.jpg I've been taking a lot of "in-out" shots this year. Clear spring creek water helps a lot. This is a rainbow from Depuy's in Montana, self-shot.

mka

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite catches...a Yellowstone Cutthroat that I caught up on Slough Creek a couple of years ago. It is rare that I actually handle a fish. I like to keep them in the net, in the water, use my forceps to remove the hook and then tip the net to release the fish. This fish was a fighter and was much fun on a Winston BIII LS 8' 4wt rod.

My brother and I spent five days camping and fishing in Yellowstone Park and it was the best trip ever for us. The hike up and down that mountain was hard on the old man, but it was worth it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.