2018 Keep 'em Wet ** Winners ------------

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's how we decided to chose the winners.

Any submission with at least 5 'Likes' was noted.

Those members were written on identical sized pieces of paper and folded in identical fashion.

All go into a large container and mixed about.

My wife then reached in and pulled 3 out.

Those three went back into an empty container and I ask her to reach in again and select one.

I am going to unfold that 1 entry right now.................. 1st Place for the sling pack is "only adipose"

The remaining 2 I am unfolding at this moment................ "gfliad" ............ and ........... "dillon"

So there you have it! You fellows please forward your Mailing Details to me via PM and I will get these items in the mail to you with tracking numbers sent when they are in route.

Thanks to everyone for posting your photos and we sincerely appreciate everyones efforts to treat the fish you may catch with due respect as a resource.

Ard & Larry

:)

Last edited:

gfiad

Reaction score
Awesome!

Ard, I got a message that your inbox is full and you cannot receive new messages until you clear some out. I’ll try sending you my details again later today.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, things have been busy and I didn't clear for the past month, go ahead and send your message.

I should also add that I bought the nippers in pewter finish not orange as shown on the contest thread. I use pewter and just went with that........... They will cut just fine and with the lanyards they won't be lost......

I have to leave for a 72 mile one way drive to a boat launch right now. I have people trout fishing this weekend and must go scout things out. I'll get these items mailed Friday.

Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
We had some great photos submitted for this contest! Thanks everyone that took the time to send on a photo and congrats to the three winners, I hope you enjoy the fly fishing gear!

dillon

Reaction score
Thanks for the contest, Ard. It was fun. I appreciate the gift. The fish was caught on the way home from my annual summer trip with Sweetandsalt. If he was there it would have been an even better image. This was just a quick, solo, iPhone shot. The riser ate a sz 18 cdc caddis.

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome,

Please remember that Larry helped put this together also. I'm just the front man on the posts :) You could say it's our way of letting everyone know how much we appreciate your participation in this forum.

I checked the progress on the packages this morning, they left Alaska last night and should reach you guys by Tuesday at the latest.

dillon

Reaction score
Dillon, Are you going to add an image of a Simms nipper to your "keep 'em wet" signature? Or start a new Nipper thread?
Well I tried to add the "Keep em Wet" logo to my sig line but I couldnt figure out how to do it and I think there have been enough nipper threads, for now.

I will admit I added the sig line in reaction to some of the photos Ive seen on the internet. These were great mages and impossible to pic the best three. If a fish isnt wet it shouldnt be posted, imo. It should be in the water or held over the water, dripping wet. i probably got enough likes because mine was the first entry. I noticed likes started to wane towards the end.