Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: January 2019 Caption Competition - sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

Oh gawd no! Point me away! Point me away!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't worry, my tattoo artist went to college.
    Doug

So I wanted a tattoo to remind me of my mother. She was always telling me that I didnít measure up.

Knot in America !
    Thread Killer

Are European fish really bigger than American? Only on paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Ard should I resubmit as eggplant emoji? Assumed we were adults here and didn't think it was delete worthy but I'm sure it could ruffle someone's feathers. Didn't mean to offend though; I thought I was a shoe in for the Allen gift certificate! J/K

Classic bad planning. Brad had to have the same tattoo redone on his arm so he could use it while wearing waders.

8. Default Re: January 2019 Caption Competition - sponsored by Allen Fly Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by hollisd View Post
    @Ard should I resubmit as eggplant emoji? Assumed we were adults here and didn't think it was delete worthy but I'm sure it could ruffle someone's feathers. Didn't mean to offend though; I thought I was a shoe in for the Allen gift certificate! J/K
    Thats my bad (unintentional). I had a Penis Based joke on page one that was the surefire winner and Ard deleted it. I sent him a respectful PM requesting that he allow my submission to be re-entered and he responded by deleting all Penis Based submissions along with the following response: "It is not my intention to ruin the fun for anyone here however I can't see allowing some sort of free for all on the quality or content of reply posts made to any threads."

I have another great caption that uses the pun of "low hanging fruit", but I fear... (Nuts Based Joke).

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 4peace1piece View Post
    Thats my bad (unintentional). I had a Penis Based joke on page one that was the surefire winner and Ard deleted it. I sent him a respectful PM requesting that he allow my submission to be re-entered and he responded by deleting all Penis Based submissions along with the following response: "It is not my intention to ruin the fun for anyone here however I can't see allowing some sort of free for all on the quality or content of reply posts made to any threads."

I have another great caption that uses the pun of "low hanging fruit", but I fear... (Nuts Based Joke).

Sorry.
    My rubric is if it were something I'd say on the river while fishing it's fair game for the forum. Mine wasn't in poor taste and I thought a decent submission but it's probably like the nipple police on social media walking a fine line.

My condolences to your early submission but I say go ahead and fire away the low hanging fruit sounds tame!

10. Thanks 4peace1piece thanked for this post

Someone tell this guy that there is no need for a gauge to tell when you are wading too deep. When you make bubbles when you breathe then you are wading too deep.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast