Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Redington CT (Classic Trout)

Default Re: Redington CT (Classic Trout)

Thanks for the response guys. that makes the decision a little easier. how they handled their warranties for own fault breakages was really the only thing that was holding me back. The fact that you have had 3 replaced over the years with no real problems takes a lot of worry out of the equation.

2. Default Re: Redington CT (Classic Trout)

I've actually been thinking about picking up a 2 wt version of this rod - all these comments suggest that's not a bad idea at all. Anyone try that one out?

Blog Entries

Just curious. How would any of you compare/contrast this rod to other comparable rods: TFO Lefty Kreh Professional and Ross Worldwide Essence FC. Sometimes for me it is little things like reel seats, grip size/shape, finish, customer service, etc. Don't know if anybody had any experience with these others.

Thanks for the review Big Cliff and others.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post
    Just curious. How would any of you compare/contrast this rod to other comparable rods: TFO Lefty Kreh Professional and Ross Worldwide Essence FC. Sometimes for me it is little things like reel seats, grip size/shape, finish, customer service, etc. Don't know if anybody had any experience with these others.

Gary
    Compared to the TFO Pro, I find it a bit softer/slower and lighter. I think the TFO Pro will be more impressive casting in a parking lot, and the CT better to fish on the water all day. The whole blank will also have a gloss finish, compared to the Pro's matte finish. My CT has slightly better cork than I generally see on the Pro rods. Also, it comes with a tube and sock.

The only Ross rod I've cast was a 6wt Flystik, and I thought it was a dud. Kinda pretty, but just didn't play well with me.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

5. Default Re: Redington CT (Classic Trout)

Quote Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post

Gary
    I'd say the CT is between the TFO Finesse & TFO Pro! As the action of the TFO Finnesse is more moderate than the CT and the TFO Pro is faster.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Appreciate the information.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
    I'd say the CT is between the TFO Finesse & TFO Pro! As the action of the TFO Finnesse is more moderate than the CT and the TFO Pro is faster.
    Depends on which Finesse you grab. I cast the 7'9" 5wt and was surprised by how punchy the thing was. Plenty of oomph in that one.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

thank you everyone that gave feedback on this rod, there are on 24 days left till small stream trout season in Wisconsin and I have been looking for a good trout rod as my 7wut is a little big. I believe you all have me sold as soon as the tax return gets here. Will report back with my results
    -shawn

'If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.'

9. Thumbs up Re: Redington CT (Classic Trout)

I bought a 9' 5 weight, 4 pc. CT last fall after reading some great reviews. So far, I haven't been disappointed. I have used the on the tailwaters of East TN and the mountain streams of the Smoky Mountains. It has performed great on both types of waters, casts very well, roll casts and traditional casts. It has become one of my favorite all around rods. I like a more moderate action, for the feel and ability to roll cast well when it is needed. I would eventaully like to get a 6 pc. for backcountry trips. I only wish they made the 6 pc. in the 4 weight size.

Neal

Finally picked up a 9' 5wt yesterday. Going to Flaming Gorge and the Green in a couple of weeks so I cant wait to put it to use.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast