Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case

Recently after much research I purchased the Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece rod case. I often airline to where I fish, I always like to carry 2 rods. I had been looks at a number of different cases that would carry both rods with reels attached. Resently in Montana I was able to compare cases made by others, all side by side, and found that for what I needed the Simms was the easy choice based features, quality and price. It's perfect for travel via car or airline when needing to travel with 2 rods. The is ample padding and protection for rods and reels.

One small complaint is that with the case comes with a shoulder strap but needs added handle. That said it is very easy to shorten the shoulder strap to be used as a handle.

A quality product at a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Simms Fishing Products : : Headwaters
    Last edited by missin44; 11-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.

2. Likes Ard liked this post

Default Re: Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case

Glad to come across this review. I am in the process of buying a double and will probably pick up this particular one.

4. Default Re: Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case

I am looking for one myself but cant find them in my area except on the internet. Does this one have separate "sock like" compartments for the four pieces of the rod to be separated inside the tube?

Thanks for the review!

5. Default Re: Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case

Quote Originally Posted by custompolz View Post
    I am looking for one myself but cant find them in my area except on the internet. Does this one have separate "sock like" compartments for the four pieces of the rod to be separated inside the tube?

Thanks for the review!
    I received one last Christmas and it is great! There is a separate sleeve for each section so there is material between them when stored and they don't rub against each other.

Default Re: Simms Headwaters Double Rod Tube 4 Piece Rod&Reel Case

Quote Originally Posted by mizuno View Post
    I received one last Christmas and it is great! There is a separate sleeve for each section so there is material between them when stored and they don't rub against each other.
    I have the same case and like everything about it with the exception of one thing. I store two rods (7'-6" and 8'-6", 4 pc.) in the case which will handle 9'-0" rods. The individual sections of the shorter rods slip to the bottom of the case and are not at the top for easy removal. (You have to "fish" for them). Just a minor inconvenience. I plan to add a small pocket inside to store ferrule plugs that accompany the Hardy Zenith rods. I will probably buy a SIMMS single as well.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde